Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
I don't have conversations where I answer myself, but I usually just say out loud whatever I'm thinking. For example, I just did a few minutes ago.

I said "what do I want for lunch today?"

Sometimes I talk to traffic like, "let's go. Hurry up! No? Fine, I'm going" when I want to let someone make a turn or something.

I'll comment on the temperature, "freaking chilly Billy out here".

Just crazy little things. The list goes on.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yep I do. I think it helps me to organise my thoughts. I've been doing it since I was like maybe 11-12: maybe it was a coping mechanism because I was so unbelievably lonely at school. To be honest, I don't even think about it any more but the more I do, the crazier it makes me seem haha well i guess it's not harming anybody :p

·
Registered
36 Posts
Do I! I don't have legit conversations with myself, but I do vocalize my thoughts in a pretty enthusiastic way. It serves to help me sort through my thoughts and emotions. I also audibly react to movies/TV shows, games, and books, usually humorously, but I suspect most people do that anyhow.

When I was a kid, though, I did actually answer my own questions and play both ends of a conversation, but it was purely for fun.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't talk to myself exactly. I do however sort of mouth the words I am thinking when I'm playing out conversations in my head (I know, it's weird, but I suppress the things I need to say so much that it needs to be let out somehow). I also make the according facial expressions sometimes and do the hand motions since I talk with my hands a lot. Luckily I'm usually to anxious to do this in public. My mind is just on other stuff. But at home I do this and then have to stop and think about how odd I am.

·
blob
1,221 Posts
yea i talk to myself when i'm trying to motivate myself. that, and when i criticize myself, for example "just call them you idiot!!!" "i'm so retarted!!!" "why am i like this?!?!?!"

i dont do this in public though

·
Taking it easy
482 Posts
I do this all the time, and it can be pretty relaxing. After all, who understands me better than me?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Not like scitzophrenic ****, but like through out your day just talking In Your head to cambat loneliness?

Or maybe it's just me.
Unfortunately yes:yes...i'm not proud of it..but..yeah..i do it
without knowing i'm doing it..it's been a habit since childhood..i guess it is a coping mechanism.......it's funny i've been caught on occasion by my mamma...mumbling..i'd have to lie & say i'm on my smartphone:eek: & sometimes i talk to "God"..but generally...yeah..i do talk to myself..to fill the void that is not having a companion/companions around:stu

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Yeah if i get drunk enough i start vocally venting my frustrations in my room.

One of the benefits of being a hardcore drunk.

·
We all deserve something.
1,786 Posts
I don't have full blown conversations, but yea I mutter things to myself now and then I tend to put myself in a lot of awkward moments, so I always catch myself saying "why the ***** would I do that" under my breath, not even realizing until after I say it lol

·
/sends you a hug
59 Posts
When I'm at home sometimes I talk to myself out loud sometimes it even happens outside ._. But it helps

·
Permanently Tired
825 Posts
I do. I talk to myself a lot actually.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts