Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
I don't have mine. I plan on getting it within the next couple years though. hopefully by the end of the summer maybe, idk :stu

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
I have had my license since I was 16, but the guy who tested me told me he wished he could not let me get it because of how nervous I was (thinking that it was the driving itself that made me nervous, though it wasn't).

·
Registered
183 Posts
My fear of dying

One of my biggest fears is to die in a car crash or kill someone else this way. I am a nervous behind the wheel. I am a nearly 40 yr old woman who is embarrassed to admit this other than here. :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
I didn't used to leave my house so I didn't have one. Now I do a lot of socializing but my state requires me to wait 9 months after getting my learner's. *fail*

·
Regretful still.
1,595 Posts
I don't have one because I don't need one. The MTA in NYC goes everywhere that's worth going and it's 24 hours.

I'm thinking of getting one when I move out of the city so I can get a car, though.

·
In 'da 707
4,382 Posts
I've had one since summer 2010 but have already decided driving's not gonna be a part of my life due to too much anxiety and not enough $$, so it doesn't matter.

·
J. Alfred Prufrock
479 Posts
Don't have mine. My parents just seem to run out of funds for the courses whenever they happen (which is almost always at a bad/inconvenient time around here). Maybe in the summer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I failed my first road test and haven't tried again since then. I'd love to finally get a license. I'll put it on my neverending 2012 resolutions list.:roll

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
I didn't get mine until my early twenties. The worst part about the driving test was I had to use a truck that I never drove before. It didn't help that it was lifted and had huge oversized tires on it. I had to to do a three point turn in 4 points because of it, lol. My only advice would be to drive whenever you get the chance for more experience.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Had my learner's permit since 16 but still no license. Mostly because I can't afford a car and don't really need one at this point.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
The worst part about the driving test was I had to use a truck that I never drove before. It didn't help that it was lifted and had huge oversized tires on it. I had to to do a three point turn in 4 points because of it, lol.
Something similar happened to me. I'd been practicing in my mom's car and ended up having to take the test in my dad's huge old van I'd never driven before. :no That's a big part of why the experience was so distressing that the examiner thought I shouldn't be allowed to drive at all.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Don't have my license yet, but I do have my permit. I'm gonna try and get my license by this summer...I still have to work on parking, lol.

·
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
738 Posts
I don't yet. Very anxious that I'll get a bad instructor or something. And that will be a terrible blow to my confidence. Still, my father is pressuring me to learn to drive and stuff. Can't put it off forever.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I finally started taking my lessons back in November, it was tough and I still get anxiety before each lesson but I'm going to stick it out as I'm really not bad. I don't know how much I'll drive once I've got my license but it's a real achievement for me and I know I'll be proud of myself once I have it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts