Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
7,537 Posts
I am willing to relocate to anywhere USA.
Hell if there's any Mexicans here I'd gladly work at a puerto or doing something with touristas.

Where are you, and is your company hiring?
Have experience in

Customer Service
Construction
Prep Cook
Driving (Box Truck)

I will do anything, there is no work here..
And moving will really force me to get me out of my comfort zone, which is always good.
Look for local temp agencies focused at manual labor. There is almost always a demand for it. The work is hard, the pays sucks, you get nearly zero respect.. but it is a pay check.

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
7,537 Posts
I have but I drug charges and would need a moral waiver which I hear is really hard to get :/
You should go for it man
I dunno, the place I worked for seemed to take everyone. I know felons worked there, but I am not sure if they needed a waiver or not. The job really sucked though, and it is not unusual to be treated like absolute garbage by the people you are contracted out to.

All I did was a questionnaire that had 75 work ethic questions. Then I did a quick test which was open book, for safety.. After which they had me fill out the W2, and told me to show up at 5 in the morning. I don't recall anything else. I don't have anything on my record, so I am not sure if they did a background check or not.

It was for this place:
http://www.laborready.com/

You can also try doing online surveys, but the money is really lousy. Search for a site called survey police, it is basically a community of people who review various survey sites they went to, and how well it paid.

It has been a while now, but I was making around $50 some weeks. I'm not sure how good it is now.

EDIT:

Damn I'm tired, sorry for responding to something that was not aimed at me :lol

·
Banned
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dunno, the place I worked for seemed to take everyone. I know felons worked there, but I am not sure if they needed a waiver or not. The job really sucked though, and it is not unusual to be treated like absolute garbage by the people you are contracted out to.

All I did was a questionnaire that had 75 work ethic questions. Then I did a quick test which was open book, for safety.. After which they had me fill out the W2, and told me to show up at 5 in the morning. I don't recall anything else. I don't have anything on my record, so I am not sure if they did a background check or not.

It was for this place:
http://www.laborready.com/

You can also try doing online surveys, but the money is really lousy. Search for a site called survey police, it is basically a community of people who review various survey sites they went to, and how well it paid.

It has been a while now, but I was making around $50 some weeks. I'm not sure how good it is now.
Wow thanks I'll check that out!

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
I am willing to relocate to anywhere USA.
Hell if there's any Mexicans here I'd gladly work at a puerto or doing something with touristas.

Where are you, and is your company hiring?
Have experience in

Customer Service
Construction
Prep Cook
Driving (Box Truck)

I will do anything, there is no work here..
And moving will really force me to get me out of my comfort zone, which is always good.
My company hires a class almost every week. It's Promark Research Corporation. Two locations in the Houston area and one in Idaho. There is also Sanderson Farms in Bryan, Tx which pays well and Monterrey Mushrooms in Madisonville, Tx which is a factory that works extremely long hours. Also Cimarron Valley Railroad is hiring in Satanta, KS.

·
SAS Member
13,226 Posts
Ehh not really qualified for that I don't think anyone would hire me ^
I've seen listings for several menial labor jobs (cook aide, dishwasher, laundry aide, housekeeper, driver, etc.) that you don't need many or any qualifications for at those places.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts