Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I think euphoria used recretional doses of ketamine while on Nardil without problems. Would be nice if he could confirm that. Anyway if you decide to take the risk you should start with lower doses of ketamine as MAOIs increase the central nervous system depressing effects of other drugs.

·
ThirdEyeGrind
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think euphoria used recretional doses of ketamine while on Nardil without problems. Would be nice if he could confirm that. Anyway if you decide to take the risk you should start with lower doses of ketamine as MAOIs increase the central nervous system depressing effects of other drugs.
Thanks alot Medline. I also found one source on a drug forum saying that it wouldn't be a problem mixing the two. But in the same post on that drug forum, they stated that Opiates and MAOI's are a big no no which just isn't true because I've mixed both many many time's. Hell, even the hospital pumped me with Morphine and Dilaudid while I was having a hypertensive crisis and my head hurt soooooooo bad.

·
ThirdEyeGrind
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That **** is so ****ing horrible. I did 600 mg of it once. It was one of the most unpleasant experiences of my life. I layed on my bathroom floor in this freaky rigid cataleptic position mumbling to myself for what must have been over 4-5 hours just waiting for it to go away. My skin felt like a cross between metal and plastic. I was extremely nauseated, dysphoric, and totally incoherent throughout the whole thing as well. If it hadn't blunted my emotions so much I probably would've freaked out really bad. Didn't learn a thing from that experience 'cept to never do DXM again.

Ketamine sounds quite interesting on the other hand however..
Thats how I feel whenever I'm on dxm. Everythings "plasticy". Music sounds cheap and plasticy, when I eat it would feel like my insides were plasticy. Really weird feeling.

·
Equilibrian Epicurius
1,028 Posts
Ok, cool. I'm stoked. I haven't done k in 3 years. Thanks for all the information.
Lucky! Mixing ketamine with phenelzine sounds like it would be a blast.

Oh yeah, music sounds horrible on DXM. There's absolutely no emotion in it whatsoever. It just sounds like noise.
Absolutely true. Others have reported music euphoria at low doses, but no matter what plateau I'm at, I wonder what makes music worth listening to.

I've only had wonderful experiences on DXM. 675mg produced absolutely no dysphoria whatsoever, just intense dissociation that brings me into another world. I'm going to try 900mg next, it's gotta be so long-lasting; DXM @ even just 300mg+ lasts over 15 hours for me.

·
Equilibrian Epicurius
1,028 Posts
Wow really? It sounds like you're enzyme deficient maybe? If you are 900 mg might be dangerous. 300 mg only lasted like 6 hours for me. 600 mg lasted so god damn long though. Man even though it was horrible, I gotta say it was pretty crazy too. Like you said, dissociation knocking you into another world. I'm really curious about what happens at the higher doses near the fourth plateau / K-hole level. I'd never do DXM again to find out though. Ketamine all the way.
Ketamine and especially PCP probably own DXM, so they gotta be pretty great. I doubt I'm enzyme deficient, or I would probably end up scratching my skin off @ 675mg due to extreme itchiness.

300mg lasting 15+ hours may actually be stretching it a bit, but it definitely lasts at least 10 hours for me.

Edit: You're on phenelzine right? I would really not suggest taking DXM while on it. It could easily lead to serotonin syndrome and kill you.
Yeah, this combination would be asking for death. DXM may also be a DRI in addition to an SRI, so it makes it that much more dangerous if true.

·
ThirdEyeGrind
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SWIM (someone who isn't me) finally got his special k last night. Man did he have a good time. He enjoyed his music, he was very very very relaxed and euphoric. He said that the experience brought back some very good memories. He was even at one poing dancing around the room to Free Bird lol. All in all he said he enjoyed his experience. The only thing though is he said that he thinks that the Nardil somewhat made his experience less intense than what he use to experience from K. He use to feel like he was sinking into the chair, floating down a river, feel as heavy as the world, going through worm holes, and even sometime's visuals. He didn't experience any of that, but he did enjoy the experience.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts