Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to replace Paxil and Prilosec?

I've tried St. John's wort and it didn't work for my depression, but don't know of anything to try for my acid reflux disease and social anxiety.

I was able to get off HRT (hormone replacement therapy) by using herbals.

Star :stu

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW I was also able to get off arthritis meds by exercise (of course) and ginger capsules and glucosamine/chrondroitin/MSM.

So I am thinking there must be some herbals or spices that could treat these other things. I just don't know what they are...

Star

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mrfrantic said:
none that are legal :stu
:haha

...you are so funny, MrFrantic!

I am sure one could buy just about anything one desired on the Internet...

I am just looking for something I could buy at Walley-World, Fred Meyers or Walgreens! :lol

Star

·
Out of my mind.
94 Posts
Walley-World, Fred Meyers or Walgreens
technically you could buy dxm containing products from those places, as it is sold legally as an over the counter cough remedy and it surely would make you happy while you're on it ... but uh not sure you want to venture into the territories of a drug thats related to ketamine and pcp

Also its not natural ... it's a synthetic chemical haha oh well

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Vitamins don't do that much for anxiety, they didn't for me anyways, don't depend on them, the best help it meditation and positive bio-feed. I would think that being healthy with diet and excercise, since the mind ties to the body and vice versa, would help. I think that doing some sort of detox might help too, like say... try for a week or two on only un-processed foods like lots of greens, orange vegetables (carrots, sweet potatoes, summer squash), protein, mostly fish (avoid soy) and fruits, taking a multivitamin, too with lots of pure water and see how you feel. I haven't tried this myself yet, Just a thought. Okay, done ranting :)

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You are very smart Wishful Thinking and that is great advice. I think I'll try it. I bought some Detox tea. I like the idea of the orange veggies and greens, fish and fruits.

star

·
Registered
270 Posts
Wishful Thinking, that is sound advise.. But I wouldn't knock on vitamins too much.. Because they actually did help me somewhat with my depression at a time when I was feeling the lowest I ever did. Eating healthy foods is better than taking vitamins though.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I get Vitamin B complex shots in my butt every other week for fatigue. The only thing is that my butt doesn't have social anxiety, although the shots don't seem to be doing anything for the part of my body that does. I think that B-complex is supposed to help with mental clarity, as well, which, as you can see, must be some kind of a myth.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've heard Kava works very well for anxiety, but I haven't tried it yet. St. John's Wort for depression and Ginko Biloba for mental alertness and concentration. Also Korean Ginseng is also supposed to promote well being & give you energy w/o the nervousness caffeine creates. I've been taking the last two for about a month. I don't know if it's working or therapy, Wellbutrin & benzo's are responsible. As you can see at this point I'm willing to try anything!
Oh, BTW, with the St. John's Wort it's best to consult the Dr. if you're on a SSRI. Guess it can react, so I'm waiting to see the Dr. on that one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts