Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have major OCD-sh*t. Like it takes me more than a few hours to do like 20 geometry problems, that I understand perfectly, only because I have to draw every figure a certain way & any words I write have to look exactly the same...like if I write 'the' and then I write 'angle', if the loop in the 'e' is bigger in one word than the other, I have to always go back & fix it. And all of my homework, I seperate each different question/problem with a dotted line. If that dotted line isn't perfectly straight, or the dashes are unequal lengths, I have to go back and redo it. This stuff takes forever.

It's extremely frustrating.
Does anyone else do this?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
i use to do this and i use to always have ocd problems like looking at the clock seconds after i had just check it, touching my hand a certian number of times on my other hand ect... but i guess i just grew out of it, if that makes sense. i just stoped my thought process one day and haven't gone back.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I can really relate to your problem. When I was in middle and high school I did the same thing. Most nights I would start on my homework as soon as I got home and not finish until I went to bed. Which was sometimes 2 in the morning. I stopped in 10th grade though, because I finally cracked. I hope you find a better way to solve your problem.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I used to have rather severe OCD. Affected the way I walk, write, **** I even blinked differently. I dunno when but it just sorta went over the years as I stopped feeling most emotion. I suppose it turns out things do go away if you ignore them... *Laughs nervously*. I think my old habits are probably so ingrained in my psyche that I don't even notice 'em any more.

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
i think i have some OCD. if i see something peeling, i can't control the impulse to pick at it until it's smooth. stacks have to be straight and even. stupid little things like that. symmetry is something i worry about a lot.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Yeah, I have a lot of checking OCD issues. Like checking my alarm clock time to make sure it's set right. Checking the stove several times before I leave my apartment to make sure it's off. Windows are shut... car doors locked... lol. Hope you guys don't think I'm too weird. :p

·
Banned
648 Posts
I didn't notice at first but nowadays I know I have little bits of OCD, like counting (sometimes I count the words written here, the length of the word has a different pitch and volume, the counting is in threes) sometimes I have to stop myself doing it because I wanted to read what someone put! Also (PC aswell) turning Capslock on and off for no reason haha :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i think i have some OCD. if i see something peeling, i can't control the impulse to pick at it until it's smooth. stacks have to be straight and even. stupid little things like that. symmetry is something i worry about a lot.
Damn, I pick anything that's peeling, too.
It's gotten to the point where my heels have f*cking craters in them. My fingers constantly have broken skin all over their tips.
Yeah, and the symmetry thing I can also relate to, but when I tell people that they look at me like I'm crazy.
So it's reassuring that someone else feels the same :]

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have it. My bedroom must be completely spotless for me to feel comfortable and my bed made a certain way. I also refuse to let anyone see me eat... ever. I have a panic attack it anything's not right with my room. I also can't be around people eating because the sound makes me sick. My family just lets me do these things, they don't get involved.

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
Damn, I pick anything that's peeling, too.
It's gotten to the point where my heels have f*cking craters in them. My fingers constantly have broken skin all over their tips.
Yeah, and the symmetry thing I can also relate to, but when I tell people that they look at me like I'm crazy.
So it's reassuring that someone else feels the same :]
oh god, my fingertips are terrible. i pick at the cuticles because they're not smooth. :[ sometimes it bleeds.

·
Banned
2,331 Posts
I used to have many ocd habits when I was a kid. My mom actually used that anti-nail chewing stuff on my fingernails because it got so bad. That stuff tasted nasty lol, but it worked.

Now the main things I have problems with are not being able to start something because I think about all of the potential problems first, then I decide it's not worth it. I've been having a really hard time with paperwork lately. They always seem to make the questions too ambiguous.

I actually may have gotten over most of it by smoking pot in high school, now that I think about it. I wish it were legal so they could do a study on that and find out. And it always got really bad when I used stimulants. Just now I took a sip of coffee after not using it for a while and I am noticing that I've been clicking pointlessly on my mouse and over thinking things again.

·
Sarah
130 Posts
I've had it for a while now, it kinda got better but now it's worse than ever. : ( Everything has to be done in sets of five, like locking doors, turning the lights off etc. I also repeatedly go round my room and make sure that evrything is perfectly in place and in the right order. It drives me crazy but im unable to stop because then i will feel out of control!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have OCD about my appearance and my hygiene. I have to make sure my hair/makeup is just right. I have to take a shower and brush my teeth in the morning. If I skip that (which is never), I'll be paranoid and thinking that I'm dirty (in an unhealthy obsession type of way).

I also have a slight case of OCD when it comes to getting in an arguement with someone. If I have an arguement and we've resolved the problem, I keep checking in with the person multiple times to see if we're still okay, or if they're mad at me. For some reason, I can't really think straight until I know they're okay and not mad at me. I guess I'm just super self-conscious and care a little too much of what people think of me. It's just an overall a weird, nagging feeling. :\

I also love routines. I hate change and I like feeling comfortable knowing what's ahead in the future.

One more thing, relating to homework. I also have to finish it on the same day I get it. I feel like I'm dragging baggage with me if I don't finish it. That includes long-time projects, papers, etc. I usually finish earlier than my classmates and I love the feeling of freetime afterwards. If my friends text me wanting to hang out, I'll feel guilty for saying yes when I know I should get it done. So, I'm very particular about that.

·
stillborn
1,764 Posts
Same here. I didn't realize I did that until just now. I have this insane compulsion to make my bed in the morning. Every morning, first thing. Let's put it this way; if my house were on fire I would make my bed before I escaped.

Also, if I see a piece of paper lying face-down on the sidewalk, I have to stop mid-stride, pick it up and see what it says. I don't even bother discarding it.

·
Banned
877 Posts
The only OCD-like behavior that I exhibit is probably looking into anything that shows a reflection. This is due to my insecurity. I'm also a bit of a germophobic.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.