Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my local community college looking at their business managment program, they have classes there, but they also have it 100% online. I was wondering, how does online school work? anyone here done it before? do you think it was easier then actually being in a class room? give some more insight if you can.

·
Lost
275 Posts
I was also wondering about this, if anyone out there has any more insight? :)

·
In 'da 707
4,382 Posts
It's easier on the SA because you don't have to go to a classroom and interact w/classmates, but with the work, it's about just as much I think.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm going to Liberty University online. It's the same as if you were in the classroom with the exception of not being around people. The work load varies on your type of classes.

They will give you a login name and password to get into your classes, I use blackboard at LU (not all colleges use blackboard), and you log in and posting on the disucssion forum is like talking in class and posting work, and you have a menu to the left for lectures, library, you can view your grades etc.
And if you have to upload your work they will have that in the classroom and you just follow the links and upload your work and that's it. they base your attendance when you log in, so I log in everyday, most colleges think your droping out if you don't login after 2 or 3 days.
It can get overhwelming at first if you never took an online class, once you get the feel of it and understand it, it's easy.

For me, I perfer online, this way I don't have to humliate myself in class (speech, presentation or just being there).

I hope this helps

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
my school tells me that online classes aren't recommended for those who pay with financial aid due to the nature of the courses. I am not really sure what they mean but thats what they say, and I am paying with 100% financial aid.

I still prefer classroom, I have the feeling that if I am left to do everything at home I would get distracted to easily. When I do homework, I do a little and then go mess around with something stupid in my room or get on the computer and then come back and do a little more work. In a classroom at least I am forced to do work for at least one hour and not have anything to take away my attention.

·
Shauna The Dead
6,389 Posts
all but one of my classes are gonna be online... no experience yet but i could tell you more in about a month when i get to start taking mine

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
do tell when you can, due to a financial aid **** up I may be having to hold off a year, damn this school and their random verification process they love to not tell me about.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've actually taken all my courses online, except speech, which there just wasn't a way around.

Online courses are pretty different. They've always seemed easier to me just because the social aspect of normal courses is insanely draining, as is going to a physical classroom however many days a week, so not dealing with that is great. But you have to be really motivated and good at learning on your own. You can set your own schedule to a degree. In mine, there's a few things due every 3-4 days, but you can work at your own leisure within that time. So it is nice. But different.

If there's anything specifically you want to know, I'll help if I can.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Online classes have always been easier for me. I graduated with 4 year degree last year and I took as many online as i could. I was able to take about 25% of my classes online.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts