Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
SAS Member
14,408 Posts
Yeah, traveling. My dad said i should buy a motorcycle and travel the US and Canada. He was right. I should have done it when it was easy as pie to travel. Those were the best times to do it back then.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I can't really say that I regret this but sometimes I wish I had gone to the cheaper state university instead of the more expensive private university. Maybe then I wouldn't be drowning in student loan debt.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
People that molded you and taught you your foundation as you grow up, might actually be complete idiots, which you wouldn't realize until you get older.
Very true advice. I remember getting advice from a few idiots growing up.

On the other hand their were a lot of people I thought were idiots when I was younger but now I can look back and see the wisdom of their advice.

Hard to tell when you are a kid with little life experience who is the idiot and who isnt!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I can't really say that I regret this but sometimes I wish I had gone to the cheaper state university instead of the more expensive private university. Maybe then I wouldn't be drowning in student loan debt.
You are by far not the only one to make that mistake.

Just read an article about how going to a Ivy league school really isnt worth it. You may make a more money going to Yale Law School but its going to cost you a hell of a lot more then going to the state university like the the University of Nebraska for example. Not likely to make enough at Yale to offset the increased cost of school at a state university.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Yeah, traveling. My dad said i should buy a motorcycle and travel the US and Canada. He was right. I should have done it when it was easy as pie to travel. Those were the best times to do it back then.
Yes, from a travelling perspective it must be good to live somewhere as diverse and varied as North America (being able to travel to Hawaii and Puerto Rico can't be too bad either).

Well, if you're still able-bodied I hope you haven't given up on this dream, post-pandemic. Even popping on a plane to see some places will give life-long memories. Good luck!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Spending more time outside instead of playing video games or joining a sports club at an early age. It wouldn't have cured my SA but it would have made a lot of later situations much more bearable.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Dont know how old you are but if your still in good health and have the finances in order its not to late. Make a travel bucket list. Thats why I travel a lot while Im still somewhat young. Figure I will enjoy visiting a foreign country more at 42 then 72 years of age!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts