Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Wayne
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
I'm going to watch a movie tonight and I'm looking for a partner.
I live in Long Island.

It may seem like this nothing has to do with coping with SA but I think this is the way to make someone with SA feel better.

My problem is that I don't really have anything on my mind to have a conversation with people. My mind is blank.
If you have the same problem as I do you probably find yourself in awkward situations during silent moments in conversations with other people.
Makes you wonder what other people or person thinks about you. Either you just don't care about anything, don't wanna talk or something else.
After all you try to avoid conversations and company just to hide your problem.

But how much easier it would be if you met with someone like you?
You know that this someone knows what you go through and will not wonder what's going in your mind, like why are you silent, don't you like me or etc?

At the same time you don't have to think what's going on in a mind of that person as well.

In this way you can enjoy each others company like other people do, without any worries.
In fact, what may happen is that both of us will talk.
At least SA is the one thing you can talk about for sure.

I had a good experience when I broke out from my anxiety for a day. What was even more surprising about it was that I wasn't with someone who had SA.

It was a wonderful feeling, it was like I just saw what kind of person I was meant to be, what would I look like if I had no anxiety.

I really wanna feel it again and keep this feeling for as long as it's possible.

So, write me if you wanna join me at the movie or if you just wanna meet and talk.

Hope to hear from you soon!

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
PM me. I need a movie buddy. I live on the queens Nassau border.

·
Wayne
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi everybody!
It's only now that I saw your replies to this thread.
I just didn't have email notifications turned on, so I didn't know I had messages here.

I was actually thinking about going to a movie with a girl, just because I deal better with girls.

Anyways, to those who replied I'll let you know when I'll be going to a movie next time. And for the new people who see this thread you just can send me a private message if you wanna get together for a movie.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts