Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you do it safely?

Star :stu

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you don't have diabetes, it is safer.

3 days or less is safe.

When you start eating after the fast, start slowly, don't overeat.

Drink water :)

Notice any abnormal signs from your body during the fast.

Stay focused on your will to fast, don't let doubts lead you to eat before the end.

·
Banned
88 Posts
I tried to fast one day last week. Couldn't do it :lol. I ended up eating mabye 500 calories tho - I can't see myself even doing it for one day, let alone 3 days. The reason I did it is because I overate the day before.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't knoe if there is a "safe" way...I mean one day of fasting doesn't do extreme harm to the body from what i read& experienced (just as long as you don't have a hectic day)...it's when you binge the next day and return to poor food habits...or if you decide to continue starving yourself is when I would say it's unsafe.
The most I've gone without food (just water and tonic water) was almost 2 weeks, but I recently read that the human body can only go without food for 2 weeks. Hmm...well maybe I should have placed a bet with these scientists.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi leilanistar

ive read that fasting is beneficial for anxiety/depression and various mental disorders- schizophrenia-

in russia- i think?- they have found that fasting aka the water cure is the best for schizophrenia-

but it must be supervised- also i am no professional-please be careful- ask ure gp-its only what ive read- apparently its meant to still the mind

alison

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've done fasting for anxiety. Thought the method in which I fasted was a bit strange. I had a job interview in another state. I lost my appetite about 4 days previous due to being nervous. So I fasted. Two days into the fast, I felt much calmer. I was really surprised at how much my anxiety was reduced.

I've tried fasting when I'm not experiencing alot of anxiety, but its just too difficult.

·
Walking in the light
3,662 Posts
I, personally feel better, when I'm hungary, when I don't eat too much. Having said that, I'm afraid a fast, would cause me to binge.

If you have any type of eating disorder, I would be careful.

The best fast I ever had, is when my husband and I broke up, I just wasn't hugary, had no desire to eat, none, lost a lot of weight without trying;-) I miss those days;-)))

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, this was an old post! Someone revived it--COOL!

I guess I am on a kind of fast--now that I have triglycerides that are off the charts high!

I eat no refined sugar, artificial sweeteners, or high glycemic index foods.

So far, I haven't had a craving for junk foods, and I feel much calmer and less anxious.

I still can't sleep very well, but I think that's from hormonal/menopausal symptoms.

Star

1 - 9 of 9 Posts