Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
41 - 60 of 230 Posts
Well I joined here because I crave some type of connection but I never find what I'm looking for. It's the same everywhere else. I don't know how to relate to anyone.

Yes, I'm as out of place here as anywhere. I did feel like I belonged here for a while, and there are a couple people here who have become pretty good friends, but for me belonging never seems to last, and typical of this pattern in my life, I've ended up feeling excluded, for the most part. I can't help but notice the way so many people here carry "normalcy" around with them, though they may be out of touch with it (if anyone knows what I mean), but I don't seem to have even that. Truth be told, I'm hesitant to post anything substantial here these days. On the other hand, I realize I shouldn't care, and just offer what I have, inasmuch as I feel excluded anyway. Dunno.
I'm not sure what you mean, but its an interesting comment. I do feel that if some people have a "normalcy aura" about them, I have the opposite. Or I imagine that I do. Part of the negative thinking that I need to stop.

The feelings of being excluded, though, are part of what I mean when I say I am paranoid. This is an online group, so...not sure why I would feel excluded and distrusted. Why do I interpret things that way? It has to be negative thoughts because there is no physical group here to be excluded from. If you get my drift.

Deep deep deep deep (too deep) inside I have a feeling I might belong but it's pulverised by the messages I consciously and subconsciously send myself on a daily basis. In the end any sense of belonging I feel here lasts as long as it takes me to read any responses I get. Maybe I don't belong to myself. I don't know. Take care.

yeah I feel out of place here. When I first got here like two months ago I made two instant friends, it happened so fast I was shocked. Then even though they had both been members for years BOTH of them disappeared.... the story of my life.

I don't really have any other friends around here, I just use this site get support idea for my SA. I wanted to do the whole meeting up thing, but all the people in my area are at least 10 years younger than me.

I also tend to be paranoid and distrustful of people.
I am with you on this one. You are not alone.
Wish I could shed this distrustfullness, but it's always there.:(

Yeah..sometimes I look in the mirror and say...gee you look old bitter and twisted today!
And there are so many young gorgeus people on this site that I feel well, well....ungorgeous I suppose is the word...my wife reckons I still look hot but I think she's biased.......if I could just get rid of the anger, the poison..oh well at least I have one friend in the world....oh I forgot my dog too!

Yeah, I often feel the same way here as I do in the real world. I feel like "everyone else" but me is amazingly awesome, and I'm not. I feel like I don't talk "enough" to the other people on this site, or that when I post my poetry it's not good "enough". So many people on here have low self-esteem and I wish I could show them how great they are. But that's painful, too, because I myself have a low opinion of myself. So I feel like I'm the only one who truly is not "good enough" or "amazing" while other people just believe they aren't.

I like this place though and talking to people here. But I'm not exactly part of "the group" or anything.

I pretty much feel out of place everywhere I go and with everyone i encounter. I always feel like people hate me for some reason. I cant seem to ever make a friend. My husband is a real friendly person so he's always bringing home friends. A couple of times we've gone out with his friends and thier wives/girlfriends. I never hit it off with them. I try to be freindly and make conversation but nothing ever comes of it. My husband says its because i come off as "standoffish" To me, I am going out of my way to make conversation with them, and usually i am saying more to them than they are to me.I am so socially akward that every word is a struggle for me. I have no human relateability what so ever.

i always feel "out of place" no matter where i go or who i talk to
but at least i can relate to a lot of the stuff people post here.

Yes, even here...or any forum. I'm a little hesitant to post because I wonder if anyone would bother replying. The possibility of rejection is still there for me.

I've been posting with questions here and there at a travel blog and, I swear, my heart starts pounding and I feel nauseated when I log on because I wonder if there will be any replies.

Imagine my real life! :eek:

I deal with things much better now than I used to, but I think I will always feel somewhat out of step pretty much everywhere.

I see myself as an "Outsider" too. Maybe that's the fate of many SAers. We can't really get excited about what the "group" plans to do. I know from teacher staff meetings, I could never understand the enthusiasm of discussing plans for next week's hat parade fro instance. I tended to daydream a lot. Not focussed on day to day practicalities. Self-absorption?

Yeah i feel out of place and unwanted and awkward almost everywhere i go. Even if i moved and started new in a new place where no one knows me, i would still have just as much of a hard time meeting friends and stuff.

I usually feel unwanted (but not disliked) here on these forums or just that no one notices me. I feel like i'm awkward and don't belong/fit in. Maybe cause i'm really new and no one knows me and i don't know them. I usually worry that my posts are dumb or make no sense to anyone but me, or something. But I post them anyway. Cause i don't care if my posts get a reply or anyone reads them or not, i'm just posting them for me.

A big part of feeling "out of place" is that I always think i'm not good enough for anyone, because i think i'm inferior to everyone and everyone in the world is a lot better than me and that no one should waste their time liking me, because i'm pretty worthless and inferior and "not good enough" for them. And i feel bad that whatever good anyone gives to me, i can't give back to them equally because i think i'm not as good as them. Overthinking stuff like that way too much is my problem. If I didn't overthink and over analyze everything so much, i would be a lot better off.

41 - 60 of 230 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.