Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 29 years old. I don't know why but I seem to get along a whole lot better with women who are twice my age than women my own age. I also find that I can be myself more without feeling judged. When I'm around women my age, I'm always uneasy and really uncomfortable. Although I have a close friend from college, most of the people that I make friends with these days happen to be twice my age, so I hang out and go out to eat with them. I just wanted to know if other women experience this or if it is just me.

·
HaloOfDarkness
608 Posts
Yes, I've always seemed to get along better with woman who are older than me. It seems strange but I still haven't figured out the answer as to why it is that way.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeah, I feel that way too, like people my own age will judge me by my apperance or what I say or something, but older people won't really care. Same with little kids...

·
HaloOfDarkness
608 Posts
It seems like a lot of people our own age are going to school and dating and finding themselves and building their social world. I think I feel more comfortable with older woman simply because they kind of already know who they are and they are more mature, humorous and not as judgemental or competitive. They are easier to talk to and they have a little more common sense and they are not as shallow as most of the younger ones I know.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm the same way. I get along very well with people I'm conventionally NOT supposed to get along well with. Old people, kids, loners, etc its all good. I don't have this same amount of confidence when it comes to college aged men and women though. I guess I feel that they are more judgmental than others...

·
Registered
210 Posts
No I don't have this. Older women seem very unfriendly towards me a lot of the time. I don't know why. I get on better with women my age or younger.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
I can get along with both younger and older women. I enjoy talking with older woman because most are more knowledgeable than me and I can learn something. I enjoy talking with younger woman because I can relate to the "girly" things like fashion, etc.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was just thinking about this the other day. I also get along better with older people. I feel less stress and anxiety around them. This happens to me at work mostly. I become friendly with the older women in the office and I never really understood why. I guess I feel like they aren't looking at me and judging me as my peers are.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have always gotten along much better with women older or younger than me. I also get along better with men. I too feel judged by females close to my age.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts