Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Does anyone ever feel dizzy, disorienated, tired, drunk with fatigue etc when they're around other people on the street in shops blah blah blah?

It usually takes me around an hour. Then I have to go home and regenerate.

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
Yes, all the time. I thought it was my anemia, too, but I haven't been bothered by that in a long time.
My therapist says it's probably all the energy being zapped from trying to deal with the people, the situation, the noise, and the SA.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes I feel like that sometimes, especially after being around a lot of people for a long time. It's almost like a battery has been drained and needs to be recharged. And to be recharged I need to be at home, alone for a while.

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
I actually enjoy being in big shiny stores full of anonymous people, and can roam for hours in a larger mall, just soaking in my surroundings. But I've noticed I'm mute when I do it, and any attempt at talking just doesn't seem to work out well. I'm usually not self-conscious when I'm in that mode but I'm very easily confused if I try to perform any sort of task while in those sorts of surroundings.

All my brain is saying is "SHINY!"

After all that I need to rest, like a little kid who just visited the grocery store for the first time.

·
In hiding
1,455 Posts
I feel so tired it's like I'm spaced out or something.
That's a perfect description of how I feel too. Then if I'm having to talk to people in this state, I feel really awkward because I'm well... all spacey. A few times I've been questioned on it and had to lie about being tired from not getting enough sleep that night. :blank

1 - 5 of 5 Posts