Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...?

There's some old threads being revived, and it made me think about what those people's lives are like now since they're obviously not on here anymore. Do you think they're somewhat better, cured even? Or do you think they've gotten worse?

Can you picture yourself without this website? Do you think you're ever going to leave?

*I don't know why, but it's sort of creepy to think about

·
Registered
161 Posts
If they're like me, they go on and off. I've been a member since the date you see to the left, but I was gone from this site for like a year, until my SA got really bad again.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Yeah I can. I've been gone for a couple of months or even a year and then I came back.

Things ended up getting a lot worse than I could imagine. Atm I'm not too bad. If I can get a job I'll even get ahead and I think that would actually save me.

Having money to go out and do things is a big aspect of Americuh.

·
Cut Above
1,827 Posts
I hope it got better for them, I just don't want to be the only one hanging around when everyone i know on here leaves, that kind of abandonment might be too much, it's one of the reasons I contemplated signing up here, there's that potential for loss, which I am terrible at dealing with.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
They're mostly better off. Everyone I'm in contact with who has stopped posting here have much improved lives.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hopefully they've all gotten help/better and are too busy to post or don't need to come here anymore.

·
Aimless
710 Posts
I imagine that once you're here for long enough, you'll see every permutation of every possible topic, and give your $0.02 about it all at least once, and after that, what's the point?

·
The way out is through.
171 Posts
I've been a member since 2008, but when my SA is not a pressing issue, I pretty much stay off the site, sometimes for months at a time. Whenever I'm dealing with some heavy SA ****, I come back and try to figure out. I'd imagine alot of users treat the site the same way.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
they probably get tired or the whiny girly men who consistantly post rants about how they don't get woman/sex. Or maybe the fact that a large portion of site members just ultimately complain about how much life sucks and after being here awhile discover nothing of substance will come from hanging around here.

·
Registered
74 Posts
they probably get tired or the whiny girly men who consistantly post rants about how they don't get woman/sex. Or maybe the fact that a large portion of site members just ultimately complain about how much life sucks and after being here awhile discover nothing of substance will come from hanging around here.
For the first part, yes. I signed up without much reading, and figured I'd find a very supportive place here. But I found far too much of that kind of talk - so when I come here, I end up getting through a few of those threads and then I just get too irritated to hang out. So I disappear for awhile, until I start to think, 'It's probably not that bad.' It's just so frustrating, because I love forums and internet socializing has been my strong suit for a number of years, so this forum ought to be the perfect solution for me - but it's so full of the same stressors I find elsewhere on the internet.

I'm also upset by the religion and atheist sections, which are not supposed to have debates in them, but which hardly seem to have anything else.

As for the second, I think it's healthy to vent, and I know there are lots of teens and college students. I don't mind that, and I like to try and help.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts