Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at work im a very quiet and soft spoken guy who just does as hes told and tries not rocking the boat. well i guess in this country hard workers are looked down upon. anyway i get alot of co workers and managers trying to push me around and humiliate me so my automatic reaction is to be a dick right back. i kind of think in this dont take **** from anyone thinking it will make my work experience better. for example i had mentioned that i was a driver and the other day i was coming into the parking lot a little fast and one of the customers in the lot was really mad. one of my co workers came up to me and said rick you need to slow down in the parking lot, my response in a very rude manner was "says who"? he was one of the customers just came in here furious and wanted to report you. i wasnt that mad after he explained the situation, but i took it as such an offensive that he would confront me like that. so now im stuck at work, everyone is pretty much hates my guts and its been my own doing. just like always i had chances to make some really good friendships and i blew it. im a really nice guy, i just worry that people will take advantage of my kindness and ppl will try walking all over me just like they have before. lol this should be under the frustration forums. thanks for reading guys, i try responding to everyones posts, its just im really tired all the time. take care everyone.

·
Force of Habit
91 Posts
Don't worry - it doesn't sound like you've blown it. If you feel bad about how you reacted, all you have to do is apologise to your coworker - and if possible/appropriate, to the customer (I've done this before, but it depends on workplace customer contact policy). You'll be amazed at how far an apology for misjudged behaviour can go - it shows people that you're conscious of their feelings and want to start afresh, and is often the beginning of a connection with someone. Furthermore, a genuine apology takes courage; your coworkers will recognise this, and will respect you more for it.

It sounds like a turbulent situation that you're in, but don't give up on yourself. Your consciousness of the emotional dynamics of it means you've already taken the first step. :yes

·
Registered
196 Posts
Well if you let people walk all over you, you won't feel good about yourself, so standing up for yourself is a good thing, and will protect how you feel about yourself. But don't be overly negative, just try to be relaxed and easy going, there may be people you need to show that you'll fight back against so they won't pick on you, just don't show that behavior to everyone - particularly people you might want to be friends with.

·
Permanently bored
2,813 Posts
When I was in school, I used to compensate for my shyness by bullying kids who were even more far gone than me. Now I look back on it, it was a pretty nasty thing to do :(

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
sorry to say this but stop being such a wuss. stop letting people run over your life. stop holding that anger inside of you and not letting it out until it erupts. all of that anger you are holding in is not healthy and only hurts you. stop being such a nice guy. speak your mind man, its for your own good. who cares if you loose this job, screw it, make it your goal to change and not let people run over your life. there are plenty of jobs out there. if you don't want to change, take it as it is and let it be. if not, stop being such a nice guy and dont give f*** who ever tries to boss you around. that doesn't mean that you have to be mean about it, NO! it just means to not speak out of anger but speak out of reason. when that guy told you "rick you need to slow down in the parking lot" you could have said, how do you know at what speed i was going at? i always drive at that speed in the parking lot. always!! i don't see no f***ing radar gun in your hand. who the hell made you my mom? i've been driving that same speed ever since i've been working here. are you my babysitter or something? worry about your job.

by the way i'm a little drunk, it's maybe the beer talking. but i feel it has some truth to it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
thats always happens when u are afraid/sociphobic, or basicly when u dont know what to say, u begin to get angry at yourself for not knowing what to say and begin to angry at other ppl who provoke the situation that u have nothing to say, so the easiest way seems like saying something stupid or offensive. it is actually the core of sociophobia, i suffer from it as well.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I started acting out negatively in highschool because of anxiety. Lashing out (verbally) seemed to relieve a bit of tension.

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
sorry to say this but stop being such a wuss.
You're not sorry at all or you wouldn't have said it so stop being a jerk to people and then apologizing like that's going to make you look better.

by the way i'm a little drunk, it's maybe the beer talking. but i feel it has some truth to it.
So stop posting when you're drunk.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts