Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Parsimonious Postgraduate
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I study in dimly lit and soft light areas, I really hate it when there is bright light- especially florescent lights. Whenever I study in the study lounge I leave the lights off since the natural light from the windows is sufficient enough for me to study. However, people always barge in a flip on the lights without asking if it is okay with me, it really bugs me.

What type of lighting do you prefer for studying?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I like natural/soft lighting, too :) Fluorescent lighting is really harsh, I don't know why so many people seem to prefer it... At home, I usually leave the lights off until it's dark outside, so the sunlight can come in.

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
I have never liked bright,glaring lights-I find them too harsh. I'm always amazed by how often people will flip on every light around,even when clearly not needed at all. I feel calmer with just a soft lamp or two on I'm not a student,but oh well!

·
Big Boo's Haunt
3,975 Posts
I like bright lights for doing any sort of work. It keeps me more focussed and less randomly bored and tired. If I'm just relaxing then softer lights are fine, although if I'm trying to read something I prefer it a bit brighter.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
It depends on the space around me, sometimes I'll study at home with soft lighting and it makes me sleepy LOL. I don't mind fluorescent lights at school so much though. As long as the place I'm in seems cozy, and has soft background noise or no noise at all, I'm good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts