Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
28,013 Posts
I don't really care about neighbors too much. Roommates are what bother me. It's always weird to take a dump or have sex if they are around. I don't even like using the kitchen at the same time. I hate it when my roommate has one of those days where she sits on the living room couch the whole day. I have to walk by her every time I go to the kitchen. Just wish we didn't have a living room period, since I never get to use it.

There does seem to be a huge difference between people. The roommate that sits in the living room all the time has a weird door fetish. Every time she leaves her room she shuts the door and she also shuts the bathroom door after using it (even if it still smells like crap). Her blinds are almost always closely drawn and if the bathroom window is open a bit too far to her liking, she closes the shower curtains, so no one can see her peeing. I don't think you can see unless the window is all the way open. The other roommate (the shyer one oddly enough) has her blinds open all the time and leaves her bedroom door open if she is not at home.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I recently moved out of my flat and back to my folks place for similar issues to the OP, paper thin walls and nosy parker neighbours were driving me crazy. I was scared to make any noise and avoided going out if i could hear anyone outside, and generally felt like a prisoner in my own home. Although its not exactly 'privacyville' here at my folks either, but at least this house is detached so no annoying neighbour noises to put up with.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Only because I'm insecure about what they'll see. Like I don't want people playing with my phone because they may see an embarrassing text message or that I don't have many contacts. I also don't like people randomly showing up to my house or coming in my room because I'm always afraid my room is going to be messy or I'm not going to be dressed or something.

·
Banned
1,312 Posts
Omg you're just like me. I'm a hermit in my own place. I don't like people intruding. I live next to these bunch of *****s, the worst thing is that the kitchen has like an open see through door and you can hear everything it ticks me off so ****ing much that I tried putting curtains! lol but you can still hear them. what you gonna do, just wait until you can move to a more private residence :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah, I'm a very private person. I have major issues with gossip, and I think it's because of the privacy thing. I hate when people talk about other people behind their backs, and I'm always paranoid of people talking about me behind my back. I feel like when I tell people things, that's a private conversation...if I had wanted to tell a room full of people, I'd have told a room full of people. Unfortunately I think I may have recently been pushed over the edge, to the point of really never wanting to confide in anyone about anything ever again.

I also can't stand people being in my room without me there, or using my computer.
Haha you're just like me. :)

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
I'm the same. Whenever my cell rings I feel like its a huge invasion of my privacy and I literally get a knot in my stomach from the noise. I can't deal with it so I often keep it on vibrate

·
Registered
311 Posts
I love the way natural light looks and feels, but I never have my blinds open because I hate the idea of people looking in. My home is my private sanctuary, and opening the blinds makes my home feel public. I wish I could open my blinds without feeling totally exposed.

I also highly value privacy on the internet and try to be careful with whatever I put on here. I'm mostly paranoid that I'll upload or write something thinking it's private, only to have it be available for other people to see. It's mostly sites like Google and Facebook that worry me. You know, companies who up and decide, "Okay, we're just going to go ahead and change around all of our settings now! Have fun on your latest privacy setting scavenger hunt!"

I try to log out of my google/facebook account when I'm done with it. That way if they decide to say, "You know what sounds like a good idea? Publicizing everything you're doing to everyone you know without warning you beforehand!" then I'm logged out and I don't have to worry as much. I mean, I'm sure such a move would be terrible for business and it's probably not going to happen, but... You never know. Even if they don't do it purposely, someone could make a mistake somewhere and things like that inadvertently happen. :/

·
Registered
255 Posts
lol these are funny.

I always feel like there are camera's watching me in fitting rooms so I always leave some undergarments on. I don't even like to go to go to public restroom's because I feel like there might be a camera in there with some weirdo watching.

One day, I had to call support to get my computer fixed and they fixed my laptop by some sort of wireless control that they could use to get into my computer from the call support place. After my computer was totally disconnected from the technician, I was still paranoid that they could watch everything I was doing. So I completely turned off my computer and restarted it. And I still was paranoid that they could be watching.

·
Neither here nor there
798 Posts
This is why I won't ever live in an apartment ever again. I had my own apartment once, and I've had a place with a roommate. Both times in apartments. I hate the feeling just knowing there is someone right on the other side of the wall.

I would also stay as quite as possible. Man that sucked.

·
Registered
311 Posts
lol these are funny.

I always feel like there are camera's watching me in fitting rooms so I always leave some undergarments on. I don't even like to go to go to public restroom's because I feel like there might be a camera in there with some weirdo watching.

One day, I had to call support to get my computer fixed and they fixed my laptop by some sort of wireless control that they could use to get into my computer from the call support place. After my computer was totally disconnected from the technician, I was still paranoid that they could watch everything I was doing. So I completely turned off my computer and restarted it. And I still was paranoid that they could be watching.
Both of these sound familiar to me too. I don't worry so much about the fitting rooms anymore, but do you remember that ad where it had "footage" of ladies trying on jeans? That used to freak me out and I was paranoid I might be put on a commercial one day, ahaha. I realize now that that was silly and wouldn't happen, but it's still in the back of my mind when I undress!

And my boyfriend used to do that for my computer when we were still long-distance. And I would get paranoid that he was watching, even though I had no reason to believe he would do that or could do that after I turned it off. It wasn't that I had anything to hide, I just feel embarrassed really easily (especially by the thousands of inane, stupid things I google every day). I still can't let him or anyone watch me browse the internet or write a post. I minimize everything until I'm alone.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
And i thought i was obsessed of being scared people would see me doing my thing.

I lived without curtain for 2 months when i moved in my apartment, i could not be anywhere without being watched so i had to use my own bed , like the entire bed to cover my window the first day.

Then for 2 months i was so annoyed to go to the bathroom cause i could see my neighbor in front of my apartment door from my bedroom.

That weed indigestion would have been so much better without this problem -_-

21 - 32 of 32 Posts