Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
littleghost
1,928 Posts
They occasionally write down dysthymia when I haven't been depressed enough to qualify as Major Depressive Disorder, I think. I am usually at least somewhat depressed and go through periods of serious depression.

·
Banned
3,489 Posts
i have, and people calling me ugly and freak and weird and troll on this forum makes it even worse.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
I'm not sure anything, including dysthymia or double depression (or double depression and dysthymia), ever existed ever. Doctors just paste **** to us and high five each other during staff meetings.

(I was diagnosed with double depression 15 years ago, and fed bull**** about how I was a "worrier.")

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
Sorry to be a negative piece of ****. It's a side effect of a piece of **** brain.

·
SAS Member
8800 blue lick road
41,955 Posts
wtf is double depression? Is that like '2 life sentences?'

edit: hmm:

In the DSM-5, dysthymia is replaced by persistent depressive disorder(PDD).[6] This new condition includes both chronic major depressive disorder and the previous dysthymic disorder. The reason for this change is that there was no evidence for meaningful differences between these two conditions.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Double depression.
ya, i do. I always kinda had it since kindergarten because i felt like i was rejected by everyone. Now it's more like i don't really care what happens to me anymore even if it's a truck hitting me head-on. It basically sucks the life out of you, but you still laugh with a fake smile and neutral eyes to everyone.

It's kinda like people know you fake your emotions because my eyes are constantly the same and i speak monotone yet i try to laugh slightly to anyone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts