Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going to sleep? It makes time go by too fast and before you know you have to get up and do things such as go to class, work etc. Or perhaps I'm just being overly gloomy. Just the thought of going to work tomarrow makes me feel sick.

·
fellow human
2,074 Posts
Yes, I hate going to sleep for all the reasons you mentioned. The sudden change from darkness to sunlight is also slightly annoying to me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah, I find myself staying up extremely late at night to avoid this. I hate thinking that the next day will be miserable and pointless so I try to prolong the time I have now (which is also ironically miserable and pointless).

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
no. i look forward to it. going to sleep, for me, it's like a box of chocolates. :D

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Oh god yeah! I used to hate it when i was working. Just the feeling that time is being wasted by sleeping and that the next day is going to be as sh#ty as the last.

·
SAS Nonmember
148 Posts
A lot of times I feel pretty much the opposite...I like being asleep because time passes without me having to be conscious for it, I hate being awake and spend the day waiting for the time when I get to go back to sleep again. Very few things of interest ever happen while I'm awake, so I'm not inclined to spend much time that way.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I would love to not sleep - to have extra 10 hours in my day to do stuff... but alas I am worthless without sleep... although sometimes I feel pretty worthless with it...hmmmm... I'll save that for another post sometime.

·
Banned
497 Posts
going to sleep? It makes time go by too fast and before you know you have to get up and do things such as go to class, work etc. Or perhaps I'm just being overly gloomy. Just the thought of going to work tomarrow makes me feel sick.
every sunday night i used to lie in bed and try an keep my yes open and just enjoy the moment of lying there as long as a could cos i knew if i shut my eyes then id fall asleep and in no time it would be morning and time to go to work and face all of the anxiety

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I don't like going to sleep because I'd rather do something else with that time than waste it sleeping, or in my case trying to sleep.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I consider sleep to be a waste of time, but alas it is a necessary function being a living organism and all.

I definitely noticed how little spare time I seemed to have when I was on my first round teaching placement, working five days a week. All I seemed to do during the week was work and sleep.

·
Registered
152 Posts
depends how tired I am, but most of the time I feel its a waste of time and I end up staying up later and later. At one point I was sleeping at 5am, but then I started sleeping in too late and feeling like a bum so now I just sleep around 12-1am.

·
Banned
4,722 Posts
Oh, definitely! Usually when I know I have work the next day. I find myself doing pointless activities at weird times to put off going to bed, or sometimes I just savour lying awake in bed at night, to try and make the day last a tiny bit longer. Unless I'm really tired, and I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I am the opposite. I love to go to sleep. If I am feeling awful one day I just sleep for more than 12 hours even though it's not healthy. Sometimes when I am very depressed I sleep for more than 20 hours haha. Sleep just helps me relax and numbs me out during the worst moments. When I wake up I either feel a lot better or 10 times worse.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I hate it too. I stay up so late sometimes just because I know the sooner I fall asleep, the sooner I'll wake up and have to go to school. Then I'm really tired the next day, which makes it even worse. :(

·
Registered
527 Posts
Yes. I thought it was just me who felt like this.

During the week, I stay up as late as possible because I want to postpone the coming day at my boring, thankless, pointless job as long as possible. At the weekends, I stay up as late as possible because I want to wring every possible minute out of them, before I have to return to my boring, thankless, pointless job on Monday morning.

Consequently I spend a lot of my time being rather tired.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I always drag going to sleep on Saturday night, as I do now (in Israel we work on Sundays). How do you feel about going to sleep when the next day is free? For me it's one of the things I love the most.

·
Banned
397 Posts
Sleep is wonderful! More sleep = more time passed which means less time on this earth. Another bonus is that the time that passes when you are asleep is usually peaceful. Waking life is not peaceful at all. Wouldn't you agree?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I love sleep so much, I love dreaming. Getting the hell out of here for a minute and escaping to somewhere better, that's always nice.

But I hate going to sleep. I feel like I'm missing out on something as I'm laying there. It takes me hours to fall asleep. But once I'm asleep I don't regret it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts