Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to make a facebook to keep in contact with people, but I get anxious about so many dumb things like sending out friend requests, replying to comments, and people viewing my 'about me' section and thinking I have wierd interests (since I have a few geekyish interests..) and other little things.. it feels almost like SA in real life, as if I were walking into a hall of crowded people and trying to fit in..

does anyone else get a bit freaked out by it..? or am I just wierd..

·
dirt person
2,788 Posts
They scare me!

·
Banned
8 Posts
I'm not sure if scary is the right word to describe my feelings towards social networking sites, but I certainly don't like them. One thing that I dislike is how people might see how anti-social I am, and they will think that I have no friends.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I am not doing the social networking sites, either. One thing that I am sick of hearing is "job related social networking". I keep hearing how "if your seeking employment, try networking". Hell, the last thing that I feel like doing is talking to a bunch of people.

·
stillborn
1,764 Posts
Well, I did have Facebook last year, but I found myself lying all the time. I had the opportunity, and no one could prove I was lying. I would say things like, "Oh, I have the new Louis Vuitton 'LV' tote bag" or what have you.

I was also nervous because I encountered creepy people and I quickly deleted my account.

To tell you the truth, I thought facebook was kind of pointless anyways. Stupid things like, "What's your stripper name?" really annoyed me. But to answer your question, yes, they made me nervous because I didn't want to talk to anyone I had asked to be my friend.

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
Somewhat, but not really. I do get a little afraid and don't send out friend requests and things like that(I'm such a coward, afraid of rejection, even in it's smallest form), but if someone sends me one, I usually accept and we talk a little. The first conversation is usually the only one that scares me a little. After that, I'm fine.

·
Banned
448 Posts
Oh yea, they scare me. So does chat, as well as this forum and multiplayer games. It's like I never really feel anonymous on the internet. I almost feel like people can see through my monitor. :um

Maybe not quite that bad, but I always feel like people know exactly who I am, even when I know that's not possible.

·
SAS Member
31,297 Posts
If anything, I think I'm more annoyed by sites like facebook. When I made an account it seemed like there were hundreds of options available, which got annoying. I would rather have something that is simple and straight forward.

·
dazed and confused
960 Posts
I wouldn't feel like I have anything in common with the types of people who have facebook or myspace accounts. They strike me as places for social butterflies, something which I am definitely not. I'm too old for those sites anyway ;)

·
kawaii neko chan
52 Posts
I had a facebook and ended up deleting it because of SA. I didn't want to keep in touch with ANYBODY not that I had a lot of "friends" on there in the first place. Anything else I never tried because I'm too scared and don't see the point of trying to get into all of that..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.