Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

does anyone else feel really bad if no one posts on one of their threads?

2K views 23 replies 22 participants last post by  sadie08 
#1 ·
i posted something the other day it got a bunch of views but no replies, idk but does that kind of hurt anyone elses feelings?

#6 ·
Yes, this kind of bothers me. But just one response can make a huge difference. Just like how, for me, one good conversation can turn the day into a good one, a response to something I've posted can have a similar effect.

I also try to keep in mind where it is I'm posting. This is a Social Anxiety Forum so, if they are anything like me, many people will be too nervous to post a reply. Worrying that their post will not be helpful enough, or that other people will judge thier post negatively and things like that.

#7 ·
Well, I've been posting on forums & such for 17+ years now...in the beginning, it would kind of chap me if no one posted, but later I realized that it means nothing bad on the OP when this happens. Some posts inspire comment more than others, and that's just how it goes.

#10 ·
I don't make too many threads. I usually try to at least respond if a thread interested me enough to view it in the first place. I figure the person didn't just sit there and type out a post so everyone could ignore them. Having said that, I don't know what would be more rude. If I didn't respond because I didn't know what to say or if I did respond but said something goofy and off topic.

#13 ·
Yes, it makes me feel so stupid and petty. I always get the mental images multiple people reading my thread and laughing, thinking about how stupid I am, annoying, etc. you know, typical SA paranoia. Of course it's only a message board so people don't take it seriously... and I realize that these people aren't giving me or my threads a second thought, but I can't help it. I do get a bit bothered by it. Only because it makes me feel really dumb.

#16 ·
I can see how it would hurt your feelings. I am sorry that your thread did not get any replies. This has happened to me before and when it does, I just reply to myself and talk about the thread to myself. I usually joke and say " This thread must have cooties " Usually someone will jump in after that and if they dont- I just keep replying to myself. :b

#19 ·
If I am asking a question which I think people are capable of answering then I can feel a little let down if I get no replies. However at the same time I am probably one of the worst offenders since I read quite a lot of threads which I could add to and don't or I nod to myself in agreement and don't actually type in my thoughts.

#20 ·
Yeah I made a thread about life coaches and if anyone had an interest or experience with them...apparently not...:|

I know that the name has earned a bad rep. but many good psychologists offer life coaching which would include career counselling and exposure therapy I'm sure.

#23 ·
well yeah, it does a little. but i'm used to such reaction from people. i seem to be so far out in left field most of the time that nobody can identify with me. feeling like an isolated freak is just business as usual for me.

#24 ·
Yes that happened to me the other day after I shared something pretty personal - it was like "see no one gives a crap" but then again I guess I shouldn't expect too much from random people on the internet that don't really know me. I have people in my life that do care, and I have to remember that to snap out of any grief over no replies to a post I make.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.