Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do. If I was a guy I wouldn't care so much about my appearance, hair, etc. I could ask women to marry me. It's okay if males have depression, but for girls it's sought as unattractive. Anyone else feel this way about the opposite gender?
Sorry for posting two threads today but this topic just came back to me!

·
God. Also bored
10,229 Posts
No then I would have to deal with annoying douches flirting with me.

·
♛♚♝♞♟♜♚&
6,528 Posts
I do. If I was a guy I wouldn't care so much about my appearance, hair, etc.
Yeah you would.

I could ask women to marry me.
Really?! Just like that?! Go you! Don't think it's that easy though.

It's okay if males have depression, but for girls it's sought as unattractive.
I actually see it the other way around. Males across most cultures have to be seen as leaders who cannot be seen to have any form of mental illness/emotional weaknesses.

I think being a girl would be harder on the biological side, childbirth/periods and all the associated stuff looks awful.

·
Registered
548 Posts
That's just not true.

I don't think being sad is any less unattractive for girls than guys. In fact if anything it's harder for guys as a lot of the time we are expected to do all the chasing. Which is tough when you lack confidence.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah you would.

Really?! Just like that?! Go you! Don't think it's that easy though.
LOL!

I actually see it the other way around. Males across most cultures have to be seen as leaders who cannot be seen to have any form of mental illness/emotional weaknesses.

I think being a girl would be harder on the biological side, childbirth/periods and all the associated stuff looks awful.
Huh, maybe only girls feel like this!

·
Banned
3,473 Posts
Hell no why would I ever want to be a woman, they have it easier when it comes to sex, and possibly jobs but I would choose being a man 10 out of 10 times.

·
Emotional Skyscraper
349 Posts
I would be one kick-*** woman, that's for sure.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
No. As long as I still had anxiety, I would still be miserable. I do wish we could all swap genders for a day, just so we could see how we each struggle.

·
Simon Says...
1,693 Posts
Not really, no.

Probably wouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

Though at least as a man, I can try to get musclier and use that as both something to do for fun/satisfaction (still possible as a woman) and hope that it will make be better looking (less applicable to women) and more confident.

Then of course on the flip side... less worrying about having to make the first move if I ever want a relationship.
On the other hand... if I wasn't a reasonably attractive woman, I might be even worse off.

Meh, it all depends on circumstances, I imagine.

I do. If I was a guy I wouldn't care so much about my appearance, hair, etc.
Yeah, probably true enough that you wouldn't have to worry as much or at least do as much. As long as you weren't horribly ugly or felt yourself that way.

I could ask women to marry me.
You can ask men to marry you as it is ;).

Only thing stopping you is you.

Nah, bull****, like others have said... while it's probably pretty equal ultimately... men have the additional pressure of being expected to be strong and unemotional and not to mention... have to make the first moves in relationships etc. which would be difficult with depression.

Anyone else feel this way about the opposite gender?
There are ups and downs with both... and I suppose the grass is often greener on the other side, probably because we don't actually know the reality of what something else is like and don't actually have to face it.

If I was a beautiful woman... then maybe. Then of course... being beautiful has it's downsides too... it's all too complicated.

lol, are you kidding me? You know how many dudes are cutting their penises off now a days? I don't but I bet there's quite a few of them.
Reasonable amount of women growing beards and whatnot too, mind. Like Cher's daughter/son/child/person :b

No. As long as I still had anxiety, I would still be miserable. I do wish we could all swap genders for a day, just so we could see how we each struggle.
Would be insightful, though I think a day wouldn't be enough.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Would be insightful, though I think a day wouldn't be enough.
True, it would have to be longer...whatever span of time it takes for people to get a grasp on how difficult things are for others. Maybe we'd see a signifcant drop in threads claiming the other sex has it easier.

·
roarrrr
4,876 Posts
Nah, I like being a female. I can't think of many positive "grass is greener" things that I would want to switch to be a man for.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Lol, a lot of guys are like "if i was a woman, men would love me and i would have so much sex!" But that's not really true at all. Having certain body parts doesn't make you a more popular or attractive or confident person. You might think you'd magically be turned into your ideal woman, but you could end up being turned into a very unattractive woman who is repulsed by the idea of sex.

That being said, i've often wished i was a male because i just think i'd be happier as a male, and because clothes seems like it would be easier for males. Also, being acceptable to go without a shirt in front of other people. And being able to pee anywhere a lot more easily would be nice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
In all honesty, being a female sounds objectively easier to me (at least in developed countries), but something deep inside me wouldn't want to be one. Just chalk it up to male hormones, I guess.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts