Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Does anyone else dread going to work, or is it just me..?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  toby95 
#1 ·
I got hired at a dog kennel the ither day and had my first day yesterday. I love the dogs but I'm scared of all the people. The girls that were training me didn't do a very good job and expect me to know exactly what to do. I even started crying when I was by myself and couldn't stop! I can't stop crying now cause I work again tomorrow :afr I can't talk to anyone about this because no one understands! I have to wake up at 5 in the morning and work an 11 hour shift. Ugh, can someone please help me?

#5 ·
Working in a new place is always frightening at first when you're not sure exactly how all the procedures work. Give it a couple of weeks and you'll be perfectly fine with it all, and you'll probably laugh at yourself for feeling so scared. The best thing to do is look at the positives. You're employed, earning money and surrounding yourself with people and social situations. Many people on this website (including myself) struggle at the idea of even getting a job, so you're doing pretty well in my opinion! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.