Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you almost hit people when you're walking? I do this all the time because I dont make eye contact, so I cant tell where a person is going when I pass them. I usually panick when I pass people, so I swerve back and forth.....which makes it worse!
Some girl laughed at me today because we almost head butted from it.
Haha =s

·
Temporarily stationary
1,486 Posts
Almost? I do hit people when I'm walking, haha. Usually I react quickly enough that its just a glancing blow, or I hit them with the bag I'm carrying.

It always results in prodigious repetition of "sorry" though.

·
Banned
206 Posts
Sometimes.

I usually try to avoid people in general and I am so fed up by people that are just getting in your way, most people would not move at all and just bump right into you.

I used to panic as well when I passed by people..... when my anxiety was quite severe.

·
Out there...
5,124 Posts
Ugh, I hate this. I feel like I'm the only person around where I am who know how to walk in a straight line. Also the only one who is aware of their surroundings. Why should I have to be the one to move out of their way if I'm the one that's paying attention to what's going on and the other person isn't?

It doesn't help that I am a fast walker, much more so than 96% of people. So when I am trying to get somewhere, there is always some moron slowing me down. But it's not the walking slow in front of you so much as the walking all over the place. This is frustrating becuase when I am attempting to swerve around them, they wind up bumping into me anyway and give me a look like I'M the *******.

And don't even get me started about people on their cell phones. Get out of the way if you're gonna do that ****.

As you can tell, I hate it when people get in my way. I could write a whole book on all the annoyances.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I often do that haha.
People usually find it funny though, thank goodness...

·
Temporarily stationary
1,486 Posts
Ugh, I hate this. I feel like I'm the only person around where I am who know how to walk in a straight line. Also the only one who is aware of their surroundings. Why should I have to be the one to move out of their way if I'm the one that's paying attention to what's going on and the other person isn't?

It doesn't help that I am a fast walker, much more so than 96% of people. So when I am trying to get somewhere, there is always some moron slowing me down. But it's not the walking slow in front of you so much as the walking all over the place. This is frustrating becuase when I am attempting to swerve around them, they wind up bumping into me anyway and give me a look like I'M the *******.

And don't even get me started about people on their cell phones. Get out of the way if you're gonna do that ****.

As you can tell, I hate it when people get in my way. I could write a whole book on all the annoyances.
Haha, yes, this is why I hit people. Slow people who are walking side by side are the worst too. Stop taking up 2/3rds of the sidewalk for your inane conversation!

·
Registered
654 Posts
I remember once I was walking down the street and an old gentleman was oncoming. We had one of those dodging the same way experiences. Next he did what looked like some kind of army stand to attention thing, and I just smiled at him and walked around.

Weirdest experience passing someone on the street.

·
I have no heart!!
1,517 Posts
i dnt make eye contact either - i ususally dnt hit anyone though lol

·
Out there...
5,124 Posts

Haha, yes, this is why I hit people. Slow people who are walking side by side are the worst too. Stop taking up 2/3rds of the sidewalk for your inane conversation!
...or just in general too. They don't even have to be on the phone and they still roadblock you. Ugh. I'm just gonna bring a hockey stick from now on and cross check everybody (or go Marty McSorley on y'all). Sure, it'll have the police taking me away in handcuffs, but it'll at least be fun for a little while, hahaha!

·
Denizen of the Night
230 Posts
I have the opposite problem. I can stop several feet in front of somebody and they still run into me. What's up with that? How can you miss a guy who is 6'5"? It happens all the time when people come around corners too. They act like they can see straight through my chest and walk right into me without trying to stop. Then they're all like, "oh hi, my bad, you're really tall" like my height makes me hard to see. I thought it had the opposite effect.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I do that sometimes, but when people are ignorant and don't move over when on a sidewalk (they are walking in the center of the sidewalk, or it's a group of friends just walking side-by-side).

I actually had a woman walk into me the other day, I looked at my phone briefly, I noticed her just as she ran into me because she wasn't paying attention. I felt so bad for her, it was pretty funny because there were a bunch of people around when it happened too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts