Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching a movie just does not sound fun to me at all. If it's at the movie theater, I feel like i am trapped in a dark room for 2 hours! I feel like i could be doing something more productive then sitting, like I could be missing something? I cant really describe it. I recently saw Transformers 3, and yea it was interesting and all, but many times I would just look up at the ceiling and think oh please be over in the next minute!

And If I am at home watching a movie, I will most likely get up before the movie ends and do something else even if the movie interested me.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Sadly I've fallen into a similar pattern, now a days I'd rather just watch a 30 minute show than dedicate 2 hours to a movie.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I hate watching movies in a movie theater, I would rather be at home in my room watching a movie. I love movies but lately I do have a hard time getting in the movie mode. Sometimes I have to force myself to watch it and ones I do I enjoy it.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Watching a movie just does not sound fun to me at all. If it's at the movie theater, I feel like i am trapped in a dark room for 2 hours! I feel like i could be doing something more productive then sitting, like I could be missing something? I cant really describe it. I recently saw Transformers 3, and yea it was interesting and all, but many times I would just look up at the ceiling and think oh please be over in the next minute!

And If I am at home watching a movie, I will most likely get up before the movie ends and do something else even if the movie interested me.
I also have trouble watching movies most of the time so i don't watch that many. Do you have trouble concentrating in general? i have trouble concentrating at times and i think that has partly to do with it.

·
In my shiny bubble
2,428 Posts
Don't mind movies as long as they are not like too long otherwise I just get distracted

·
jaynex10
1,529 Posts
Ummm, no. I think some of you need to start watching good movies.

1,495 Posts
I quite like movie theatres, it must be the big screens and superior surround system, If I had a projector and a better sound system, I'd watch movies all the time...I like watching dvds with other people, it's not so fun by yourself. TV shows are the sheet tho.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I like watching movies, but i do get very very fidgety in the cinema as your just doing one thing for two hours.
If im at home watching a dvd, i can focus more. Which you'd think it'd be the other way around since theres more distractions at home lol.

·
Mega awesome
5,080 Posts
I like going to movie theaters. I can actually focus on the movie. At home I can't really do that. There's too many distractions. Like I'll get a DVD I'll put it in start watching it then I'll lose interest after 10 minutes. Ugh!

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Are you the kind of person who needs to constantly be moving? If you stopped watching a movie that you were interested in, what do go and do in its place?

I am the type of person where I can't do any "one thing" for too long, even if it is of interest to me. I have to do things for a short amount of time and then go do something else and eventually come back to the original thing I was doing (crazy--I know!). I must have ADD.

·
♥
681 Posts
I like going to movie theaters. I can actually focus on the movie. At home I can't really do that. There's too many distractions. Like I'll get a DVD I'll put it in start watching it then I'll lose interest after 10 minutes. Ugh!
Same here! I hate watching movies at my house or a friend's house but I love going out to see one.

·
Captain Spacey
386 Posts
I love movies, being in the dark theatre (I love the dark), get out for a couple of hours, the surround sound, and the popcorn (even though it burns my lips raw) and the diet coke. And hopefully am rewarded with a pleasurable experience.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.