Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Aesthetically Challenged
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of these days I would love to learn either French, Spanish, Italian or German. I think it would be cool to have someone to Skype with (perhaps just voice?) who can help me get immersed in a language. Like you can point out what certain things are in your language, I'll try to say it back, and so forth. Anybody ever done this?

·
Registered
293 Posts
That's a cool idea. My language is unfortunately a difficult minority language no one is interested to learn unless they have some personal reason to do it. I've never done language learning by using Skype or anything but I'd love to try it some time to improve my spoken English. I studied some German in school many years ago and based on that experience I can highly recommend learning it. The grammar is logical and pronunciation is easy. Noun gender is a real pain in the *** however.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Puedo hablar espanol aqui tambien

Reactions: loneranger

·
Audacious romantic
4,496 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
I think most people will want money for their services of teaching you.

For me, I know Danish (thus also somewhat understand Swedish and Norwegian)
English (herp derp)
Russian, on a decent level
German, on a less decent level
Japanese, on a way less decent level -. -

·
Aesthetically Challenged
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I don't have any money at the moment and I'm not exactly looking for formal lessons. But I would love to talk to someone, and maybe get help on pronunciation, and just to say some random words and phrases and get feedback.

I'm thinking of studying privately. But I heard it helps if you know someone you can practice with.

·
Audacious romantic
4,496 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I've learning German for years yet I'm still nowhere near conversational level.

English was such a piece of cake in comparison but then again I was 8 years old when I started with it, and the older you are the harder it is to learn new languages.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, I am italian and am looking for someone for conversations, I need to practice english, I can help you with italian, of course. You all can feel free to write me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am German and would like to improve my English. I can also speak Italian and some French. We could to a language tandem via skype. I tried it already and it was very good to improve a language.

Regards
Savona

·
Banned
1,933 Posts
I want to speak Spanish better I'm already at conversational level. Anyone wanna help me out? OP I can teach you spanish lol

·
Banned
3,869 Posts
Well, I don't have any money at the moment and I'm not exactly looking for formal lessons. But I would love to talk to someone, and maybe get help on pronunciation, and just to say some random words and phrases and get feedback.

I'm thinking of studying privately. But I heard it helps if you know someone you can practice with.
it's better to search for some videos on youtube first, learn few words......

so you can start a small chat! :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have a BA in German and would like to think I speak it reasonably well. One thing that may help you is listening to radio in your target language. You can typically find streams online. I like listening to German radio, in particular ARD Infonacht, which I find similar to NPR. I like it b/c it's mostly talk and not a lot of music. Much of the music I hear on German radio is English, anyway. If you're into German music, I'd recommend Revolverheld (check out their music video "Das kann uns keiner nehmen", it's amusing) and die Ärzte (I like their song "Bitte bitte lass mich).

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
I know English American Australian and Alien -_-

·
Banned
3,670 Posts
I forgot my native language when I was very young and learned English in its place when I moved abroad. However, I can still understand large chunks of my language and speak just a few words and phrases of it. I cannot read or write it though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts