Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is entirely closed-minded but some people seem to not have any problems whatsoever. They're just so happy and perfect and have such great grades and are so attractive.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I get what you mean, then again people used to tell me I had no problems and my life was perfect. But that's only because I hid behind this mask of smiles and happiness. I didn't share my problems with anyone because I felt like I would just be a big burden...Who knows, I guess you have to really get to know a person to judge them.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Sometimes I think it, and I'm sure sometimes people think it about me. I think they know–and I know I know– that it's incorrect, but it's also easy to assume, especially when you feel overwhelmed or bogged down by your own problems. But really, once you get to know a person you'll eventually start to see that their lives aren't as good as they make it seem on the surface.

I imagine there are probably a handful of people out there who genuinely do have no problems, but they are a rare set of outliers; the exception that proves the rule.

·
SAS Awesome Person.
5 Posts
Yeah, my younger sister.
She's beautiful, popular, perfect, good at EVERYTHING, smart, probably going to do great in life and then there's just me. Her weird, self harming depressing sister. Fml.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, it's quite sad really when I think about. We should be looking at the positives in people, not the weaknesses ;)

There was a girl that went to my High School that was just perfect. She was super intelligent, popular, beautiful, confident, athletic and anything else that you can say good about a person. I wish I had any 1 of them skills, let alone all!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't believe anybody has the perfect life.

I remember (many decades ago!) when I was in high school and had advanced English classes with the most popular girl in our year - she was thin and gorgeous, smart and musically talented... you get the idea. Turns out she was struggling with anorexia and constantly paranoid that she would appear anything less than perfect, and be rejected for not meeting the standards she felt that everyone had set for her. It was a good lesson to learn at an early age - things are never what they seem.

·
No Love Lost
243 Posts
Problem intensity varies upon person to person. There are certainly a lot of factors to take into mind before you judge someone's life objectively. Say I broke up from a relationship now versus 10 years ago for an example. It's hard to even take my 14 year old self seriously when looking back to it now, but as my present 14 year old self, it may have been just as detrimental or even more so in experience. Everyone has problems and something that may be easier for you to recover from may be hard for others and vice versa.

There were also times in group therapy where I felt that others had it way worse than me, but even when I described my hardships, every person was understanding because the feelings projected in conflict are universally shared.

Of course you can tally up reasons why some people have easier lives, but it doesn't always make them ignorant of yours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts