Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always used sleep to calm me down.- If something anxiety provoking happens,it's to the point where I automatically start yawning. I crave sleep - it's the one time when I can be clam,relaxed and completely content.- It's weird I know to prefer sleeping over being awake and fully alert.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Oh yeah. I even go for mid morning and afternoon naps if I can :D. Though I have to stop that when it starts messing up my sleeping pattern.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
it feels really good laying down after I am real tired, almost better than when I have energy, to bad it takes about 2-3 hours for me to sleep when I try though.

·
dazed and confused
960 Posts
I wish I could sleep. My problem is the exact opposite. I wish I could just go to sleep and escape for a while, but I can't. It's like I'm not allowed to miss one minute of misery :( Insomnia makes me feel like I'm losing my mind.

·
Making No Apologies
72 Posts
I wish I could sleep. My problem is the exact opposite. I wish I could just go to sleep and escape for a while, but I can't. It's like I'm not allowed to miss one minute of misery :( Insomnia makes me feel like I'm losing my mind.
Yeah insomnia is my problem too. I miss my valium very very much. Its almost 5 am and I cant seem to shut my brain off. I would love to sleep :cry

·
finished uni!
449 Posts

·
dirt person
2,788 Posts

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I use to like to sleep, now I wish I never had to sleep at all.

·
Banned
448 Posts
Oh man, do I love to sleep! I actually think I have some kind of addiction. I'm doing better now, but I used to take over the counter sleeping pills and antidepressants like Seroquel to make myself go back to sleep as soon as I would wake up.

I would sleep for like 10 to 12 hours, wake up and get a drink of water, use the bathroom, and then go back to sleep for like 8 more hours! Entire days would go. This had a lot to do with depression, of course. The sleeping pills made the depression much worse, but I would use sleep like a drug to escape life.

·
Too School for Cool
6,857 Posts
I totally use sleep to handle anxiety provoking situations as well. As soon as I'm anxious, all I want to go is give up and have a really, really long nap. Life is completely exhausting.

Just in general, I like to sleep. Add that I use it to avoid anxious situations and it's pretty much all I want to do.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I totally use sleep to handle anxiety provoking situations as well. As soon as I'm anxious, all I want to go is give up and have a really, really long nap. Life is completely exhausting.

Just in general, I like to sleep. Add that I use it to avoid anxious situations and it's pretty much all I want to do.
I can totally relate. Life is exhausting. Part of the appeal of sleep for me is hiding. I used to love sleeping and depression had me sleeping 10-12 hours a night. Now I get night terrors and nightmares too often to enjoy my sleep, but when I do get the rare peaceful night, I relish it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I love sleeping - if I wake up after an interesting dream, I will go back to sleep to try to see the rest of that dream. But the fact I sleep too much or sleep mostly during the day (since I don't work or anything) makes me feel that people would judge me as being lazy...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts