Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only have three. Mom and two siblings. And that's it. All my family including grandparents, uncles, cousins, seconds cousins live in another country. I never really made friends in school, kinda my fault because I had people who wanted to but I always pushed them away because of my insecurities.

So I feel at a disadvantage with so little family. Don't get me wrong I'm grateful for the ones that I have but when I hear people talk about their family other than siblings and parents I can't help but feel a little down.

·
Banned
46 Posts
My family is exactly the same. My cousins, oncles, aunts are all living in the other countries, I dont have contact with any of them.
I often envy others for having such a big family. Doing stuff together, helping each other out. Its good to have a big family. When I hear them say "oh my uncle has a car repair shop, he helps me out". "My cousin works there, he will get me a job there".

·
Registered
28,013 Posts
I only have my sister and my dad basically (wouldn't count my step-mom). Most everyone is dead or I never really knew them. My mom's parents died before I was born and my dad's parents died when I was around 9 year old, and my mom died when I was 17. There was only one aunt that I really knew, all the rest of my uncles/aunts are virtual strangers, along with the cousins.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.