Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like when someone asks me on a date that they are just messing with me, and aren't serious. I'm not sure if its my low self esteem telling me its impossible for someone to be attracted to me in that way, or if they just wanna toy with my mind. Lol

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Yup,
Ive never been asked on a date but when someone shows that kind of interest in me my mind will make up all kinds of things to stop me from taking the next step.
I think that if you hold a certain level of independence people cannot toy with you. easier said than done mind.

·
waiting to bloom
8,863 Posts
It boggles my mind that girls would turn down dates out of anxiety. It's just ruining the self-esteem of guys, because now they think they did something wrong.

·
Abendfuchs
1,357 Posts
It boggles my mind that girls would turn down dates out of anxiety. It's just ruining the self-esteem of guys, because now they think they did something wrong.
Well it's not any different than a guy not asking out a girl who is smiling at him or otherwise sending signals that she is interested.

·
Nope, still not!
3,273 Posts
I don't know, nobody has ever asked me out. I'd probably think that way if someone did though!

·
Be yourself!
50 Posts
I ignore signs of interest all the time because first time dates scare the hell out of me. I couldn't tell you how many times I have stood a lady up and I know that was wrong so now I just dont ask.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Yes, definitely. I've only been asked on a date by two different people (that I actually knew, not counting just some idiot who I had talked to for five minutes on the subway), but both times I was kind of just playing it off, figuring that they weren't serious and wouldn't bring it up again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea, the reason I'm this way I think is because in middle school that happened to me and broke my little trusting heart lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts