Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like when someone asks me on a date that they are just messing with me, and aren't serious. I'm not sure if its my low self esteem telling me its impossible for someone to be attracted to me in that way, or if they just wanna toy with my mind. Lol

· Registered
1,756 Posts
Yup,
Ive never been asked on a date but when someone shows that kind of interest in me my mind will make up all kinds of things to stop me from taking the next step.
I think that if you hold a certain level of independence people cannot toy with you. easier said than done mind.

· Nope, still not!
3,272 Posts
I don't know, nobody has ever asked me out. I'd probably think that way if someone did though!

· Registered
1,088 Posts
Yes, definitely. I've only been asked on a date by two different people (that I actually knew, not counting just some idiot who I had talked to for five minutes on the subway), but both times I was kind of just playing it off, figuring that they weren't serious and wouldn't bring it up again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.