Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am 19 and I have been diagnosed with scrupulosity which is a form of OCD and it has caused me to go into a depression, I had thoughts of suicide and didn't want to get out of bed. My doctor put me on 10mg of Lexapro and 2mg of Abilify. I feel that my social skils have suffered since all of this happened to me and I was wondering if you think my medication with start to kick in fully soon. I have been on the abilify for 4 weeks exactly and the lexapro for about a month and a half. Has anyone experienced the same kind of issue? thanks so much for your help, I just want to get better and live life to the fullest.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Give the Lexapro about 2 - 2.5 months (on an equal dose) and it probably won't get better than that. I don't know about Abilify.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Abilify has been the worst medication I have been on yet. It made me very paranoid and jumpy.

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,711 Posts
Abilify didnt do squat for me except make it heavier on the wallet.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Abilify did not do much for me either.
As for Lexapro, I was maxed out at 20mg. It didn't do enough for me. That was when I was switched to Paxil.

·
sad panda
675 Posts
Abilify isn't doing much for me. I guess I'm not really depressed anymore, which is nice, but it makes me feel duller and less motivated to speak.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts