Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
old is a relative term. I am 45, so to me, NO YOU ARE NOT OLD.

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
Anyone who is 25 is a mere wee babe.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
************attention all crickets************

***************intruder alert***************

*******there has been a security breach******

***************please standby**************

******and wait for further instructions******

*****************thank you*****************

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
I notice there are lots of teenagers on this site. Kind of makes me feel old. I work w/ a lot of teenagers as well, which makes me feel old.
So you have a more mature mindset than those you work with? That sounds good, but not old.

I suppose you are as old as you feel.

Welcome :clapand disregard the above message.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
It better not. i'm 25 in two months. Incidentally when I hang with people my own age or a little younger I feel younger compared to them.

·
Registered
718 Posts
If 25 is old...then we must all have very short life expectancies!

·
Registered
867 Posts
im 25 and i feel old in terms of where i think i should be at in my life. I think I still act like an 18 year old kid.

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
Hm. I feel stunted in my social skills and social life, in these respects I sometimes feel like an awkward teenager, and I think this has affected my emotional maturity as well.

·
sa challenger
5,079 Posts
I wish I were as old as 25! Ha. I wish I could take all my wisdom and start at 25. It's taking me sooo long to grow up. Not to act mature, but be more confident, talkative, fearless. I need more time than the typical person to develop socially.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Although I can say that age is only relative, I can sympathize with the thread's writer...because of my SA, depression, and OCD, I used to think that every age i was at, no matter how young, was too old. This is because I feel socially behind by like 10 to 15 years and mature wise behind as well...but then again this is against the standards of society (i also feel more mature in many ways to people my age and younger). Who's to really say?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts