Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the only one who has it. I have two younger brothers. I was always known as the quiet one as a kid.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Yeah my whole family has it. I have it the worst though, me and my dad.

·
Hear, See , Be silent
1,421 Posts
My brother does but not the extent that I have it.

·
Here, there & everywhere
233 Posts
I am the black sheep of the family. No one has it except for me. I have a twin sister but we're polar opposites (personality and looks wise). I come from a Cuban family so EVERYONE is so loud and extremely outgoing. I don't know how I ended up like this. :/

·
Registered
780 Posts
My younger brother possibly has it but not to the extent I do and my older brother is one of the most confident and gregarious people I know.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have a twin brother who has it, but it's either not as severe, or he's just in better control of it than i am.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My older brother definitely doesn't have it. He's the funny one with the personality that draws people in, and I'm the one that's easily overlooked. This fits into why I don't even bother to attend family gatherings anymore.

·
1,137 Posts
My brother doesn't enjoy being around or talking to people, but he isn't socially anxious. He just doesn't like most people. My younger sister is kind of shy and quiet, but I don't think she has SA. And my older sister is really outgoing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am the only one in my family that has it.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
My younger brother has it, and can't work because of it. My two older brothers act outgoing, but i'm sure they're masking insecurities as they're at times either over-confident and outgoing, or acting as if the world is against them. They both get really over-defensive at the slightest thing, so its impossible to discuss our problems with each other.

When I think back, i'm sure my dad had it, though I never thought about it when he was alive (he died 5 years ago this month). He brought us up to be quiet and to never discuss our feelings, and whenever there was an argument he would simply go to bed and refuse to get involved. My mum is outgoing, but went along with how my dad wanted to bring us up. I'm sure this is what has caused my SA - even now it is at its worst whenever I see a member of my family.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
My only sibling is my younger brother, and we're total opposites. He's constantly partying with his many many friends, but struggles academically so his life isn't perfect.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts