Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most people tell me there meds usually dont help very much. I feel like i am at the point that i need meds. I use to "self medicate" And was terribly addicted to xanax.

Has anyone had success with meds? Is it worth giving a try?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I took the Xanax addiction route and that sucked. I can advise you on medications but everyone has a different reaction. What I do recommend is being tested for antidepressant resistance. Your doctor does it and its saves a lot of waisted and pain. It's around $20.00.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took the Xanax addiction route and that sucked. I can advise you on medications but everyone has a different reaction. What I do recommend is being tested for antidepressant resistance. Your doctor does it and its saves a lot of waisted and pain. It's around $20.00.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad
Yes it does. So you understand what ive been through.

Wow i didnt know about that, do you just ask your gp for that test?

·
Fighting demons!
767 Posts
You want advice? I give you advice. Go to your doctor. And ask for the angel pill called zoloft, it will turn you into the next Michael Jackson. Peace out dude.

·
Moron
4,621 Posts
Most people tell me there meds usually dont help very much. I feel like i am at the point that i need meds. I use to "self medicate" And was terribly addicted to xanax.

Has anyone had success with meds? Is it worth giving a try?
Effexor has helped so far with me. I've just gone up to 225 mg. If you don't go above 150 mg you might as well go on a SSRI.

You want advice? I give you advice. Go to your doctor. And ask for the angel pill called zoloft, it will turn you into the next Michael Jackson. Peace out dude.
Oh, I was told it would turn me into John Lennon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Sami. Good question btw. I started taking medication in January 2013. I have taken Cipralex, Citalopram, Venlafaxine, and Pristiq. I took cipralex more than the others. They helped me feel happier and concentrate. My body became used to it. I think that was the scary part. Now you might be wondering why scary when it seemed to be helping. I don't trust drugs period. I feel like a person needs to be able to conquer their fears and worries on their own. I have been off pills for a little over month and find myself very doubtful and unable to focus. The way my brain functions is worse than before the pills. It might have been bad then, but its worse. But you know what, its better than being on those things. I don't want to feel like I need pills in order to be happy. Think about your health, long-term effects. The doctors will not tell you anything negative. When I had been on them, there were many times I would try to quit. Trust me it was not easy. I had to keep going on them because I would have these headaches by the third day. Successfully, this time I made it through. Believe that you will do great things and your future will be bright. Be in control of your own life. This is just my experience. Others may feel different toward medication. If you are feeling down, it is best to speak to your doctor. Try joining a support group. It really can help if you make use of the resource.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts