Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
If you are uncomfortable about eye contact then focus on their nose instead. It gives the same impression without the freaky feeling :3

·
Suit up!
390 Posts
I have never heard of this. I don't really have a problem making eye contact. I actually feel really rude if I don't look people in the eyes.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I can emphatise with that. Are there any specific observations which make your eyes water? Usually, I won't bother with looking at people at all unless they get in my way, and focus on my destination instead.

It might help...

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
Do you get out much? Maybe it's because of the different air conditions in certain environments which is causing your eyes to dry out and hurt?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I get the watery eye feeling, and I think thats because I am focused so much on TRYING to make eye contact that I don't blink enough and my eyes start to water. Sometimes I even worry that they will notice if I blink to much, or some outrageous thing like that.

·
o_O
6,024 Posts
I think it has happened to me a few times though I usually not even look people in the eyes because it freaks me out and makes me feel like I'm staring.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I get the watery eye feeling, and I think thats because I am focused so much on TRYING to make eye contact that I don't blink enough and my eyes start to water.
That actually makes sense. This happens to me when walking between classes in the halls, or when I'm very stressed about being visible, etc. My eyes feel like when you stick your head out of a car and the wind blows on them. I think I squint a bit too, which in retrospect must look pretty weird.

It's such a weird feeling. It's like blushing in the sense that it sometimes comes without an tangible feeling of anxiety, and it's not something you can just stop. I don't think it lasts long though.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts