Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious if people are real vogue type and buy new season clothing every ......... season.

I still like my clothes I've had for more than 5 years and still wear them and I dont look like an idiot either.

I hate layered clothing mainly cause I dont know how to do it.

·
Banned
372 Posts
I had a shirt I kept wearing for way past when it should have been thrown away. It was so comfortable, but eventually my sister ripped it on purpose. It had too many holes.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I try to buy clothes that I know I will wear for at least the next 2-3 years. I avoid anything too seasonal/stylistic. I have trackie dacks that I've had for ages and just wear around the house.

·
dirt person
2,788 Posts
I've been wearing the same clothing for eons, because I hate hate hate to buy clothes.
I'm too lazy to follow trends.

·
sa challenger
5,079 Posts
At home I wear old tank tops and pj shorts. When I go out I wear better quality tank tops and jean shorts! For work I have to wear a scrub top. I just found out no open toe shoes. I'll try to get around that, as I always wear sandals. I almost never wear long pants. Too hot and constricting. I dislike the way anything but very lightweight fabrics feel on my body. I hate bras. I will wear sun dresses to church. I have some clothes I've had for years. One t-shirt that is getting very thin but not stained so I still wear it.

·
dazed and confused
960 Posts
I have a pair of ratty old shorts that I've had for almost 20 years. They aren't fit to wear in public, but I wear them around the house. I also have a pair of Bass sandals which are about 22 years old, and still in good shape.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't buy new clothes very often, and when I do I buy stuff that's not going to get "out-dated" fast...jeans, black pants, normal shirts..hoodies. lol. I still have clothes that I bought in grade 9..my fave. pair of jeans is one! haha (almost had them for 8 years!)

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
I rarely buy new clothes. I get rid of stuff if it's really not flattering, but I generally don't go for trendy things at all.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I don't buy clothes often. I get rid of stuff when it's worn out, but I also still wear a lot of stuff that's worn out. It's really not possible for me to be in vogue and stylish. I tried when I was younger but it didn't work so eventually I just thought **** it and embraced scruffiness.

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
I am always getting new clothes, but some of my favorite clothes are a few years old. Most of the stuff I am wearing right now, I purchased about 2 years ago. My favorite pair of shoes (which I am wearing right now) are 4 years old. Old enough so that if they were a person, they could already walk by themselves :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
I buy what I like, personally I don't know if it is in "style" or not because I don't follow that sort of thing. When things get worn out to the point where it's too grundy looking I'll throw out and buy something new.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
I don't buy new clothes often. It'd be a waste to stop wearing perfectly good clothing just because it was out of style, I wouldn't be aware of such things anyway, and most of what I wear is usually very basic and not terribly trendy, anyway.

·
Registered
18,889 Posts
The oldest clothes I wear in public are a few things from about four years ago.

I've bought a lot of clothes in the past year, but it's not something I go out of my way to do year-to-year.

·
Banned
139 Posts
I am just curious if people are real vogue type and buy new season clothing every ......... season.

I still like my clothes I've had for more than 5 years and still wear them and I dont look like an idiot either.

I hate layered clothing mainly cause I dont know how to do it.
I think men can wear almost anything. I can't see where styles have changed that much for men. Women--I don't know?

Exceptions for men may be leisure suits and something real disco-looking. That would look very dated.

·
Frostie
1,035 Posts
I have an 8 year old suede jacket, but leather jackets tend to get better the more you break them in. I also have some 5 year old, ugly Ecco shoes with gouges and super glue repairs I still wear. They're the only pair of "dressy" shoes I own and I can't afford anything better right now. They are very comfortable and broken-in though.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Yup, I do. I usually wear my clothes till they get really worn out or have large visible holes. Then I toss them and get some new stuff. It's pretty easy to go out and pick up plain jeans and shirts though.

·
R.I.P. Do not contact.
1,905 Posts
Today I regretfully tossed out a Melvins t-shirt that's about half my age. It was starting to look like I stole it from an exhumed corpse.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I find it really difficult to "get rid of" older clothes. Donating things that don't fit me to charities or even throwing out clothes that aren't fit for anyone to wear is hard. I must be really attached to some and feel guilty about buying others and not wearing them enough. I still have clothes from when I was 15.
Not that I buy clothes often. I buy a few basics, usually the same plain shirt/ turtleneck in different colours, and a new pair of jeans. Wait for them to wear out then go buy them again.
I don't go out much so what does it matter anyway! :roll

·
Positively Revolting Hag
6,547 Posts
Most of my clothes are from when I was 13/14 and they're too big for me now. =/ But I don't want to throw anything out unless I put weight back on.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts