Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think about this?

I like the pizzas from dominos but I've thought about buying one a few times in the past 6 or 7 months but get scared something disgusting will have been done to it by the employees there. So I prefer to make something of my own to eat.

Do you buy them and if so do you think its safe?

·
Registered
328 Posts
It's pretty safe, just enjoy your Dominos. lol.

One time I got a Pizza from either Pizza Hut or Dominos that looked like ****, so I complained to them, and I guess the driver got yelled at for it because the next time I ordered I got it for free, and the delivery boy sounded tense/pissed off when he asked me to check it out. It looked great, but I was sick the next day.

·
Gone, Never Coming Back
4,863 Posts
That's a risk you have to take whenever someone else is preparing your food. I've ordered food from various places and that's always the first thing that pops into my head. That being said, I've ordered pizza from there many times and never had any issues.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts

I like the pizzas from dominos but I've thought about buying one a few times in the past 6 or 7 months but get scared something disgusting will have been done to it by the employees there. So I prefer to make something of my own to eat.

Do I have a problem with that issue? They don't do stuff like that if they want to keep their jobs. It's only a pizza.

The part I don't trust is the deliveryman's shadiness. There was one where the pizza was $12. I give him a $20, and he just walks away! I stopped going to that joint and started going in to get the pizza myself.

I was also almost hit by a delivery car driver coming out of the parking lot of a parlor a couple of weeks ago - we're talking cut off at the knees. My gloved hands were on his hood!

·
The Explorer
686 Posts
Even if its unhygienic I don't curr - it tastes too good. Out of sight, out of mind.

·
Registered
8,820 Posts
I could tell you things about the pizza place I work at that would make you never want to order takeout again. If it's going to bother you, make your own. Cheaper, and probably better tasting.

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,712 Posts
Id rather make my own home made pizzas. I dont get whats so great about dominos I like papa johns better.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I used to work at a pizza place as a driver. I can't really tell you how hygeinic the guys who made the pizzas were as I didn't really watch them, but they wore gloves and have to follow specific standards of hygeine. Any germs that might be passed onto the pizza would die during the baking in the oven anyway.

And as for when I delivered the pizzas, I would never even open the boxes, unless it was just to check that it was the right pizza. On the rare occasion where I might brake suddenly or go around a corner too fast and the box would fall on the floor, I would have to take it back and get a new one because it got all squished in the box. This was OK because then it meant you could eat that pizza later haha.

But yeah, I don't think you have much to worry about really. Why do you think employees would do something disgusting to it? Anyone at any food place could do that, why single out dominos?

·
Registered
522 Posts
There's a takeaway place near me that I've seen handle money and prepare food with their ungloved. unwashed hands. It's certainly very easy to give up fast food when you see how lackadaisical a few places can be with their standards of hygiene. Dominos is gross anyway, all of their food is so greasy.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
But yeah, I don't think you have much to worry about really. Why do you think employees would do something disgusting to it? Anyone at any food place could do that, why single out dominos?
It's just because it's the only take away place i've ever used. If i go to a restaurant it's someone else's idea but I get the same concerns even then.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There's a takeaway place near me that I've seen handle money and prepare food with their ungloved. unwashed hands. It's certainly very easy to give up fast food when you see how lackadaisical a few places can be with their standards of hygiene. Dominos is gross anyway, all of their food is so greasy.
I don't fine it greasy. Maybe it varies between stores.

·
Banned
3,213 Posts
All the germs and bacteria get cooked when the pizza is in the oven.

When they take it out, all they do is use a roller on the pizza then close the box.

You should be fine.

·
Super Moderator
34,614 Posts

I don't much care, TBH. I don't see myself dying from eating a bad pizza. I've never even had a bad reaction to a delivery pizza. But then I always used to order from the same places and I always tipped well. I don't order pizza anymore because I can't afford it. I just eat frozen pizzas or Costco pizzas.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
All the germs and bacteria get cooked when the pizza is in the oven.

When they take it out, all they do is use a roller on the pizza then close the box.

You should be fine.
I'm worry about what could happen after it's cooked. Like is it going to get spat on or have put something nasty in.

Sometimes I try and think about it reasonably like, i doubt someone working there would go to the effort to spit or do something nasty to every pizza as that would be a lot of spitting and so on.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts