Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
happy :)
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently met this girl on a dating site and we have just started talking to each other , the one thing i find very weird is that she claims to have no family ,no parents since she says both of them were killed in a car crash and no brothers or sisters, how sad i was thinking but she does have a grandma who lives in Nigeria , apparently this girl was raised an orphan and since she also claims to have no job but a masters degree in accounting ( i find it hard to believe she is jobless with a masters degree) i thought to myself here she is all alone in the world "you poor thing" then i started doing some research just out of curiosity, i found that where she says she's from the country is dirt poor and because she's of white colored skin ( no offence to white people) only rich white people live there in the business class sides of the country another thing i found was this scam that was going on through places like Nigeria where these scammers were using dating sites as a way of enticing males looking for love they would get the guy to fall in love with them online providing pictures of these young attractive women then make up some sad story about there life or tell them there stuck and need some sort of finance to help them get out of a rut or plan to meet up with them and never show up then rob these guys blind there's even a forum about people who get scammed that made me start thinking is this girl really genuine, she says she wants to find somebody to spend the rest of her life with before she goes back then she says oh it really sunny and Hot here in Nigeria , she sent me 4 pics of herself though she is attractive i dont think she is who she is trying to make me believe who she is, my mum even said to me not to get involved in these dating sites because there are all scams where guys get played, thank god she was right so BEWARE all you single guys out there i think i would rather meet somebody out there in the open then to meet somebody online that way i get to see them in person but yer i dont think I'll ever want to date somebody through a dating site anyway i made a promise to myself that if i want a girlfriend she has to be found out there in the world...sorry that its a bit long see ya :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
I don't trust this girl. Anything to do with 3rd world countries...I tend to not trust. All I can think about is like you said...those scammer girls. I wouldn't believe the hype! I think online dating can work, but I would try and stay within my own country or at least steer clear of the 3rd world types.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
This Nigerian dude living in Malaysia pretended to be a cute Irish girl with me online like last year or so. He even recruited a chick to talk to me on the phone. I asked "her" to cam and "she" dodged that. After a bit over a month, the scammer was asking for $700 to buy a plane ticket. No way I'm sending money to someone I never even met! That's when I ended it. lol. I had zero interest in a relationship that was that long-distance anyway. But a friend of mine mentioned that he has a friend who met his girlfriend half-way across the world and they are now getting married (this is legit. They met up and everything) so I figured, "eh, why not talk with her?" when she approached me on a dating site.

Anything to do with Nigeria, you know it's a scammer. Those Nigerian scammer *******s. I'm not saying that all Nigerians are scammers. But yeah most of the time anything involving Nigeria on the internets = scam.

I trust online dating sites. I just think they suck for guys (but it's worth setting up an account and giving it a try). Just make sure to only talk with people that are within a reasonable distance.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I just got the following msg on certain dating site:

Hello.How are you?‏
My name is Miss Kate,
I am a young and beautiful girl,i was impressed when i saw your profile on this great site and i used it to contact you because i would like to establish a long lasting relationship with you. In addition,i will like you to reply me through my mail id thus ([email protected]) I am very interested in knowing more about you. i will send you my pictures and tell you more about me if you reply to my mail id today.
Remember that distance,age or color does not matter but love matters a lot in every relationship.
Thanks waiting to hear from you today through my E-mail ([email protected])
with love and kisses,
yours
Kate.
Seems legit. -.-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts