Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Father, Son & Holyzilla
7,386 Posts
You're 17. Get help with your SA and other possible mental health issues. Work on your self esteem if it's low. Focus on school, building a decent social life if you want one. And dress decently.

You're far from forever alone status.

As for me, nothing I've done has gotten me a girlfriend. I was close I think, we went on 3 dates. But ultimately it went nowhere.

I'm not confident I'll ever find someone. Especially being 24 in less than 2 weeks with such minimal experience. I see no reason why a woman would want me when there sre literally millions of better men out there for her.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Honestly, I don't know. I've been told I'm a very attractive person, but I lack a lot of social skills necessary to mechanize a relationship, and I know women get wet over anything that displays confidence so it's basically like being at the bottom of the food chain (well not quite, considering some find me attractive). Hope this doesn't sound egocentric.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
It's likely that I will be alone forever, but I don't know about lonely. I'm pretty resistant to loneliness.

And there's a small chance I may find a woman someday.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
More than likely. What I find these days is I have passed my peak. SA has dragged me down to a new low in life and caused me ugly health implications (always tired, even looking quite rough).

When I look at women I have been with in the past I realise that I won't have a chance with women like that again as my looks have faded. Since I won't just get with someone because they show me interest, chances are I wont be in another relationship.

This is reflected in my past 3 dates. All were with realistic women but after they didn't want to meet again

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
I believed that for along time, I resigned myself to being alone... But now I am not, I have a girlfriend and it is going well. We are working on making a good foundation to build a relationship on, and if she is willing I will marry her..

But the problem right now, is she has no idea what love is... She has never been shown it, and never had any examples of it... She has been tought what sociey teaches, and it has made her numb. I suggest you find what love really is before you think about having any relatonship, or it won't last.

Because you can't give, what you don't have. And I personally would reather be alone than in a lovless relationship... Love is NOT just a emotion, It's a decision. That even in the hard times, you will support, and be there for your mate. If you can't... He WON'T be able to love, who WON'T love him.

Just look at it this way... Sometimes it's better to NEVER get what you always wanted, than you have what you NEVER wanted. And the things that are most valuble have to be worked for, and love is ALLOT of hard work.... It NEVER just happens, that is a lie that society teaches..

Love MUST be sincere, or it won't last. And you will only hurt each other.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yes. I've never been in a long-term relationship although I've dated a few times before but they were with women who had serious issues not to do with SA.

I'm 23 now and I feel like I've passed the time where it was important to be in relationships to grow and learn.

Now the future seems dark and the thought that 'I'll never find a girl my type' has kicked in which leads to depressive phases.

And to make matters worse, it seems that here in Melbourne all the decent looking girls are taken and majority of them here in Australia go for the white anglo guys which also sucks because I'm not 100% white. Don't know if it's a reputation thing or just an attraction and that just makes the thought above more believable.

So yeah I do think that I'll be lonely forever.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I believed that for along time, I resigned myself to being alone... But now I am not, I have a girlfriend and it is going well. We are working on making a good foundation to build a relationship on, and if she is willing I will marry her..

But the problem right now, is she has no idea what love is... She has never been shown it, and never had any examples of it... She has been tought what sociey teaches, and it has made her numb. I suggest you find what love really is before you think about having any relatonship, or it won't last.

Because you can't give, what you don't have. And I personally would reather be alone than in a lovless relationship... Love is NOT just a emotion, It's a decision. That even in the hard times, you will support, and be there for your mate. If you can't... He WON'T be able to love, who WON'T love him.

Just look at it this way... Sometimes it's better to NEVER get what you always wanted, than you have what you NEVER wanted. And the things that are most valuble have to be worked for, and love is ALLOT of hard work.... It NEVER just happens, that is a lie that society teaches..

Love MUST be sincere, or it won't last. And you will only hurt each other.
Wow that's deep! and very true

·
Registered
267 Posts
It's possible to be lonely in a relationship. I'm afraid to commit to a new relationship because I'm afraid my naturally giving nature will be taken for granted again, like a cute kitten that grew into a boring cat that won't stop trying to play when you're posting on forums.

Finding someone is only half the battle.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have good looks, nice personality, I guess confidence, I can carry a conversation, and I can be fun. I'm shy at first but I can open when someone gets to know me. But all my good qualities haven't given me even a thought or recognition or a single interest. So yeah I think I will be lonely forever even though I'm giving it one last try, but the odds aren't in my favor...by the way what determines whether or not your confident?

·
girl
386 Posts
right sorrry my cat decided to walk across my damn keyboard

honestly most of the time i feel like i would be, but it doesn't really concern me like majorly cause maybe i'll date a blind person

·
Chlorine and Wine
12,105 Posts
Loneliness is eternal...

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Yes
But there are starving kids in Africa, it could be worse.

·
Banned
3,670 Posts
No. Because I'll have killed myself long before then
I feel you on that kursedlife. I might give myself a few more years until the age of the big 3-0, 30 until I off myself.

At least, I don't see myself ever getting a girl to love me for who I am, but rather being with me for an ulterior motive. So even then, I would still be "lonely", being in a loveless relationship.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts