Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you even notice? i would know if someone checks me out because i'm so aware of my surroundings which means that i've never been checked out.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'm sure it statistically has to happen sometimes considering how many people I pass on a daily basis. And I've noticed it once or twice. But for the most part I feel like it never happens just because I never see it.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
do you even notice? i would know if someone checks me out because i'm so aware of my surroundings which means that i've never been checked out.
I constantly think I am being checked out. I probably never or rarely are actually checked out but I always interpret small things to mean a girl likes me. Like I often catch them looking at me, but they don't smile.. wouldn't they smile if they liked me or were checking me out?... at least sometimes they would right? so they must not be. Also, lately 2 girls in 2 different classes of mine sitting maybe a seat or two next to me will always be moving and making odd or unnecessary motions. I automatically think they were trying to get me to look over at them.

So to answer your question, yes I guess I notice even though they probably aren't checking me out haha

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I constantly think I am being checked out. I probably never or rarely are actually checked out but I always interpret small things to mean a girl likes me. Like I often catch them looking at me, but they don't smile.. wouldn't they smile if they liked me or were checking me out?... at least sometimes they would right? so they must not be. Also, lately 2 girls in 2 different classes of mine sitting maybe a seat or two next to me will always be moving and making odd or unnecessary motions. I automatically think they were trying to get me to look over at them.

So to answer your question, yes I guess I notice even though they probably aren't checking me out haha
same! i misinterpret small things. if a girl happens to look my way for longer than usual then i immediately think she's checking me out. i just want to be notice. i'm so deprived of attention that i crave it.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts

same! i misinterpret small things. if a girl happens to look my way for longer than usual then i immediately think she's checking me out. i just want to be notice. i'm so deprived of attention that i crave it.
Well you have a harder situation because there probably aren't too many girls who happen to be lesbians. For me though, about 65% of my college are females.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
People usually don't like looking at people who they think are ugly.
I'm talking about something extremely unnormal. Like a huge nose or something... I've broken my nose a few times playing basketball so I think it is really big now (it may not actually be as big as I see it though) so that's what I think when they are looking.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
only if they make it obvious. like the mouthy, socially assaulting guy at the petstore.. or the guys that revved their engine and beeped and me and my friend. you pretty much have to make it that obvious for me to notice, since i tend to be pretty oblivious to romantic matters anyway (he asked me out? when?!) and i try not to assume that everyone wants a piece when they're probably just staring into space or idly people watching.

·
Big Boo's Haunt
3,980 Posts
I often catch them looking at me, but they don't smile.. wouldn't they smile if they liked me or were checking me out?... at least sometimes they would right? so they must not be.
I dunno. I accidentally glare at people who I'm checking out, and can't manage to change my facial expression, and then I can't change it in case they've seen me looking at them and I have to pretend to be looking around the area generally with a glaring face and it's like dammit, I think you're cute but now I've just glared at you and everyone else :p

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
only if they make it obvious. like the mouthy, socially assaulting guy at the petstore.. or the guys that revved their engine and beeped and me and my friend. you pretty much have to make it that obvious for me to notice, since i tend to be pretty oblivious to romantic matters anyway (he asked me out? when?!) and i try not to assume that everyone wants a piece when they're probably just staring into space or idly people watching.
haha I love the way some of the girls on this site talk

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I dunno. I accidentally glare at people who I'm checking out, and can't manage to change my facial expression, and then I can't change it in case they've seen me looking at them and I have to pretend to be looking around the area generally with a glaring face and it's like dammit, I think you're cute but now I've just glared at you and everyone else :p
lol yeah I do the same thing. But you know they know you were actually looking at them and then trying to cover it up by just looking around am I right?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm talking about something extremely unnormal. Like a huge nose or something... I've broken my nose a few times playing basketball so I think it is really big now (it may not actually be as big as I see it though) so that's what I think when they are looking.
Nah man, plenty of people break their nose it's normal. Girls think athletes with scars and injuries are manly. I've seen people with genetic diseases and veterans who have had their faces blown off in the middle east, no one stares at them.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Nah man, plenty of people break their nose it's normal. Girls think athletes with scars and injuries are manly. I've seen people with genetic diseases and veterans who have had their faces blown off in the middle east, no one stares at them.
ok I hope you're right. It's hard to beleive though that all these hot girls have been looking at me because they think im good looking though...

·
Big Boo's Haunt
3,980 Posts
lol yeah I do the same thing. But you know they know you were actually looking at them and then trying to cover it up by just looking around am I right?
Yep, they've definitely noticed that I'm looking at them unless they're blind :p At the moment I'm more interested in non-conventionally attractive guys, and so I don't want them to think I'm staring at them for negative reasons :blank

1 - 20 of 162 Posts