Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
1,933 Posts
No, because there is no proof to say so..
Maybe different physical attributes such as longer legs (sub saharan blacks) larger torsos (Europeans) which can benefit certain skills but every skill is learned not inherited.

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
To add to that, there's really not been enough evolution time to make the 'races' different enough to really excel at different skills, we're all still the basically the same.

·
Banned
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, because there is no proof to say so..
Maybe different physical attributes such as longer legs (sub saharan blacks) larger torsos (Europeans) which can benefit certain skills but every skill is learned not inherited.
yeah thats what i mean though like they would better adapt to certain skills. for example in an rpg video game you can get race perks. a human has better fighting skill, cat person has better stealth, lizard man has better agility. but equate that to human races and what do you think are the different evolutionary benefits for each race?

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
yeah thats what i mean though like they would better adapt to certain skills. for example in an rpg video game you can get race perks. a human has better fighting skill, cat person has better stealth, lizard man has better agility. but equate that to human races and what do you think are the different evolutionary benefits for each race?
White people can drink milk. That's about it.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Skills? No, those are things we acquire throughout life as a result to our environment (nurture) as opposed to our genetics (nature).

Evolutionary benefits? Like the fact that I'm less prone to getting skin cancer compared to a lighter skinned person due to the amount of melanin in my skin? Or, like Gwynevere said, that white people can generally digest milk without a problem compared to other races? Yep.

·
6,040 Posts
White people can drink milk. That's about it.
Since this thread can only be about stereotypes:

White people have rulled the world for quite some time and shaped the face of today's culture and civilization. So if there is to try and make a generalization, white people are probably very good when it comes to scientific progress, technical skills, strategy, organizing, warfare, business&finance and so on.

They are not good at running and jumping. Big deal. So they suck at basketball but compensate through hockey. :D

Were you just joking or being half serious? Maybe you live in a bad neighbourhood? By the way, I am white but I can't drink milk.

Leaving stereotypes aside, I think it is very hard to make a sure separation between different races and the skills they dominate. We aren't that different. Some claim that genetically there is a single race but in several skin colours.

·
Banned
4,666 Posts

White people have rulled the world for quite some time and shaped the face of today's culture and society. So if there is to try and make a generalization, white people are probably very good when it comes to scientific progress, technical skills, strategy, organizing, warfare, business&finance and so on.

They are not good at running and jumping. Big deal. So they suck at basketball but compensate through hockey. :D

Were you just joking or being half serious? Maybe you live in a bad neighbourhood?

Leaving stereotypes aside, I think it is very hard to make a sure separation between different races and the skills they dominate. We aren't that different. Some claim that genetically there is a single race but in several skin colours.
Um...why did you quote me?

·
Banned
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

White people have rulled the world for quite some time and shaped the face of today's culture and society. So if there is to try and make a generalization, white people are probably very good when it comes to scientific progress, technical skills, strategy, organizing, warfare, business&finance and so on.

Were you just joking or being half serious? Maybe you live in a bad neighbourhood?

jesus finally someone gives me an answer without being afraid of sounding non scientific. i swear everyone in this forum is either going to be ridiculed for saying something thats not based in "peer-reviewed, scientific, absolutely is or most probably is matter of fact" or afraid they will be...makes for a very dull place at times

·
today's a beautiful day
2,217 Posts
Yes they do... morrowind and skyrim!

·
Registered
903 Posts
jesus finally someone gives me an answer without being afraid of sounding non scientific. i swear everyone in this forum is either going to be ridiculed for saying something thats not based in "peer-reviewed, scientific, absolutely is or most probably is matter of fact" or afraid they will be...makes for a very dull place at times
...Well what did you expect about a thread that's based on heredity and evolution?

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
No. Culture and upbringing heavily influences the skills we develop. DNA plays a roll as well at least our physical capabilities to an extent.

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
People should be ridiculed for presenting things as facts when they're not.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
I'm pretty good at absorbing Vitamin D through sunlight. Really vulnerable to sunburns though, and considering where I live it isn't a great tradeoff. That's the closest I can think of.

Evolution is slow, the differences between us aren't very meaningful.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts