Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For instance, lets say you're in a mall or in a store where there are lot of people. Besides feeling anxious, do you ever have feelings of hostility towards them? Do you want to physically attack someone simply because you think they're judging you?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
I would say this is my biggest obstacle in coming over SA completely.. I don't even know why I feel that way, but most of the reason why I fear talking to people of the same sex is because I'd want to hurt them. It's a fight or flight response, but most of the time I want to fight and I have to convince myself to flight. It's when I feel I'm being judged or talked about is when I want to pull out my fists. If proven to be nice, I calm down and it's all right, but unless I'm preoccupied in some form, being in crowds causes these feelings. Now I understand why I love mosh pits so much.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I tend to assume they don't even notice me. And my hostility stems from them having a life & being happy while I merely exist in a hell on earth just getting by each day as I wait for death to end this pointless existence.

·
Registered
18,889 Posts
For instance, lets say you're in a mall or in a store where there are lot of people. Besides feeling anxious, do you ever have feelings of hostility towards them? Do you want to physically attack someone simply because you think they're judging you?
No, I don't feel any hostility in that situation. I'd rather just get away from them.

·
HaloOfDarkness
608 Posts
Only if they budge me with their shoulder when passing me and if I have to move out of their way before they move out of mine and they don't bother moving over even a little bit. I actually did call this woman a b*tch one time because I know she did it intentionally. She didn't say anything back though. I was just so mad that I lost my cool and had to say something. She looked like she had been called that a million times before so maybe that's why she didn't say anything back. My heart was racing, I thought I had started a fight but it was nothing. I also hate when I'm in a store by myself looking at something minding my own business and then a group of five people come walking down the aisle laughing and talking and being really loud and obnoxious. It just makes things really weird and uncomfortable. Of course they stop right where your standing and start talking amongst themselves about crap that you have no idea what it's about but it's funny to them. Idiots. F**k my life!

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
There are times when I feel alienated from everyone and I start getting angry at people in general for seemingly ignoring, excluding, or not caring about me. Usually when I am surrounded by complete strangers whom I have no connection to and who have no reason to talk to me, I just feel distressingly alone, though.

·
Monster
6,552 Posts
Yes. Anxiety expresses itself in many forms.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I have to say something interesting here... because I was in a store one day and a guy was standing all alone and had this shirt on that really looked awesome on him, I'm a girl... I think like that (and he was cute but way too young for me - maybe he was 28 or so... and I was smiling I guess when I was thinking it and he got all puffed up and was like, "that the he00 are you looking at, got a problem, what's so dam0 funny." I was stunned and right off the bad blurted out how awesome the shirt looked on him and that I though he was cute... then I must have turned 1000 shades of red and turned to leave and he was all apologizing and stuff, I told him to forget it - I was o.k. and left. I wonder if this could have been someone with SA and really thought I was thinking something bad or mean about him. I never thought about that until I read some of these posts.

What do ya'll think?

·
HaloOfDarkness
608 Posts
I wonder if this could have been someone with SA and really thought I was thinking something bad or mean about him. I never thought about that until I read some of these posts.

What do ya'll think?
Could of been, I mean who knows but usually people with SA don't have the courage to say something like that to another person. They take into account the fact that your starring at them and then they try to avoid eye contact or looking in your direction at all, then they leave wondering what the hell you were looking at but probably rarely ever have the balls to ask, especially not in that manner. I don't know though, I'm not him so I can't say but from personal expierence, if someone was starring at me, I'd probably just try to avoid looking at them and wish that they'd stop starring. It would make anyone uncomfortable. Thats why celebs hate their lifes so much.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Well, when a guy is cute - sometimes you are staring before you even know you are staring... you aren't trying to be rude but you just lose your mind for a sec as your brain detaches from your body and your eyes go awol lol... I couldn't have been looking at him more than a few seconds - I don't think ... hmmm...I hope not anyway. How embarrassing.

Anyway, thanks for the input - I'll have to try to make sure I'm not staring next time. Now I'm wondering if I am a creepy person that stares when she sees pretty things.

·
HaloOfDarkness
608 Posts
No your not a creep, at least you had the courage to tell him why you were starring. I personally try to keep my head down without walking into anything but those times when I've actually been looking around, there's been one or two times where I couldn't help but stare at some sexy son of b**tch standing there looking all great with his eyes as blue as the sky. It's like damn it must of hurt when you fell down from heaven. No just kidding, who says that?

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Hey, that sounded good to me... I would love to use that line on a guy sometime just to see the confused look on his face lol... I mean... aren't guys supposed to use lines like that... it would be funny to use one on an absolutely beautiful man someday... not that I would have the courage to say it...

·
HaloOfDarkness
608 Posts
There's the other one to where you reach for the tag on the back of his shirt and say "oh whats that say...............made in heaven"

·
Space Cadet
2,458 Posts

Thank you in advance.
Only all the time. I don't think it because I think they're judging me, but because they seem so arrogant and self-centered and up themselves just because they don't have problems with SA.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Like jealousy? I think it is a bit common.
We are just as capable of having friends. :yes

1 - 20 of 25 Posts