Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never do because I can't! As soon as somebody points a camera at me my face gets tense and I just go blank :blank.

=X

·
Confused
735 Posts
Yes, I never smile in front of a camera — I feel better, like you said, with a " :blank " on my face. True story here: before the age of 10, I did not know how to smile in front of a camera. In school photos and family photos I'd just pull my lips sideways and show my teeth. The more I think about it, the more tragic it seems.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
I hate being in front of the ****ing camera. The worst part about it is that those who know you hate it always try to take a goddam picture of you and they think it's funny.

The only pictures I have posed for since I was a kid are for sports, and with the teams, our rules were no smiling. Gotta show off a bit of intimidation and show the team is serious.

·
dazed and confused
960 Posts
No, I never show my teeth when I get photographed. For one thing, I don't like my teeth....they're straight and everything, but I still don't like them. And my cheeks look like a chipmunk's when I really smile O.O. I try to avoid cameras when I can, anyway.

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
I have a horrible smile, it always looks fake or forced. I always try to smile for the camera, but it looks bad. I hate pictures of myself.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Haha yeah the worst part where you get tense is waiting for it, which often results in the 'awkwardly forced smile'.

·
Call Me !!!!
4,066 Posts
Nah , just usually a cringeworthy get me outta here look haha.

I hate having my pic taken aww man i can't even bear to look straight into the camera. :um

·
Registered
674 Posts
No, I never show my teeth when I get photographed. For one thing, I don't like my teeth....they're straight and everything, but I still don't like them. And my cheeks look like a chipmunk's when I really smile O.O. I try to avoid cameras when I can, anyway.
My cheeks do that too! They poof up like hamster cheeks, my smiles truly horrific. Nowadays though I don't mind so much. Yeah the photo might be horrendous but it will still remind me of a fun day out.:D

·
dirt person
2,788 Posts
I hate having my picture taken, but if it happens I try to smile. I'm really bad at it, though - it always feels sooo fake to me, no matter what the situation.
It doesn't come naturally to me.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
Yeah, I smile, but it's usually a closed mouthed smile. I don't really have self conscious teeth issues anymore, but it's an old habit.

·
slanted and disenchanted
321 Posts
whenever i try to smile for the camera, i unintentionally over-exaggerate it and it makes my jaw look weird/overly prominent. so i usually just try to do a half smile. then i look more like 'me', at least.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Yeah - I love cameras, i've been told i'm quite photogenic.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I am usually talked into doing it though I try to avoid it as much as possible, it doesn't make me nervous or anything its just I can't do it right and can look goofy/fake when I smile.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts