Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does what a poster says stick with you sometimes?

I know some things about posters here that have stuck with me throughout the years. Some of these things are personal, some are irrelevant. For example, someone could say that they have problems with their parents and I will always remember that. I can remember multiple things about a specific poster. It seems the more things I remember about a poster, the more likely I am to read their posts. I admit that I do scroll past usernames i don't recognize in threads sometimes. Most of the time I prefer to read from posters that I know about.

·
R.I.P. Do not contact.
1,905 Posts
I ruefully admit that I'm a fan of SAS's soap-operatic aspect (or any other board's for that matter). Makes me miss a lot of the older posters too.

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
Does what a poster says stick with you sometimes?
On other forums? Yes. Sometimes but not always. It depends on what kind of an impact what they said has on me. I haven't really been here long enough to start to get really familiar with all the names. My memory really sucks so it usually takes repeated exposures before I remember something.

·
Too School for Cool
6,857 Posts
If it's a point of view completely opposite mine or something I find totally offensive, yes. There have been a couple posts I've read in some of the society or controversial sections that have completely turned me off specific posters.

Otherwise, it usually takes a couple mentions of something or an interesting avatar or thread about it to make me remember. After a while some of the more frequent posters do start to seem like actual people instead of names on a screen.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I remember things about the regulars. There are a lot of interesting/cool people here, believe it or not.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
I've learnt to recognise some names around here and always keep an eye out for posts by those i also speak to via msn, as it's interesting to read on their views about certain topics that normally wouldn't be brought up in conversation.

·
stillborn
1,764 Posts
Yeah, I really do. I like to look at people's profiles to kind of get to know them. I like knowing there are people out there I have a lot in common with- aside from having Social Anxiety.

·
SAS Member
14,482 Posts
I've been here for years. Of course i remember posters. Id like to hang out with a few of them too, if it was possible. Some that i liked are also gone, or maybe posting under a new name or whatever. Oh well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts