Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Nowhere Man
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could say i relate to Leonard Hoffstadter (from The Big Bang Theory)... with Howard Wolowitz's appeal to girls. Kinda sad though... but still, this is no place to discuss that.
Hsve you ever related to a fictional character? In what aspect do you relate to him/her?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sure; authors/scriptwriters often intentionally create a main or supporting character who a lot of people can relate to, in order to get them invested as a reader or viewer.

I always relate to the girl who doesn't feel comfortable in her own skin. Because I can't think of a better example at the moment, I'll use "Mortal Instruments: City of Bones" as one (I know, I know, but it's the best I can do!). It's a YA novel/movie so immediately, it's relatable for a lot of girls. The main character Clary has a male friend that she's not romantically interested in (story of my life), is insecure around and always likes the bad boy (sigh), and generally feels like she can't live up to people's expectations.

Ta da!

·
Person of Interest
481 Posts
Craig from It's Kind of a Funny Story because in high school I was in a similar situation with school. The stress from school, plus my really bad anxiety and depression. When I wrote my college admissions essay, I wrote about that.

Tomoko from WataMote, that show was pretty hard to watch because of it. It seems like she has SA too and every time she attempts any kind of social interaction or tries to make friends, it goes horribly wrong/gets really awkward and she ends up making a fool of herself. So she spends most of her time at home playing games and she keeps saying that next time she's going to do better.

Yuki from Tsuritama, who has no social skills and when he gets stressed/anxious he feels like he's drowning. His face gets serious when this happens and it scares people, they think he looks angry.

Sawako from Kimi ni Todoke, she's nice but shy and doesn't know how to approach people and people are always talking bad about her when she's right in front of them. They don't know her, so they misunderstand her and assume she's bad. Some people would take advantage of the fact that she's nice and doesn't want to upset people.

·
Banned
4,523 Posts

Many in different ways but the first that came to mind is Magikarp.

·
Sigh.
9,313 Posts
Joel from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Tatsuhiro Satō from Welcome to the NHK.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I would love to swim with you. Perhaps you could get some shared xp.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Sometimes I feel like Max Payne--I've been an alcoholic and I see things most clearly in hindsight. But I also imagine myself as a disciplined ghetto samurai like Ghost Dog. I'm not really as awesome as either one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts