Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
nm jc
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys feel bad about not flirting/being around the opposite sex when you were younger?

I'm a guy and I feel like every guy is more experienced on hitting on girls AND dont have to deal with SA....making it harder and harder to get a gf.

·
Registered
235 Posts
mos def. makes me think of the ones that got away. plus if i started earlier i prob. would have more experience. but then again i learned you shouldnt worry too much about it and really focus on yourself more. thats when i noticed i was more coinfident about girls.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah I feel bad for not doing anything when I was younger but what's the use beating myself up about it now? I still don't know how to hit on girls. I've only ever had success with the alligator method - I lay in wait until my prey approaches me and then I strike!

·
Registered
690 Posts
I think it would be nice because I just started this summer but then again I'm still pretty young.

·
SAS Membr
1,082 Posts
Most of my friends have always been girls. I don't know how to approach a girl I'm interested in though :| I wish they would just hit on me ;)

·
Banned
347 Posts
You guys are "putting the ***** on a pedestal." Just say that **** to yourself when you feel anxious around an attractive girl, it really works because it's true. ***** ain't worth it

btw I am using the word ***** as in ***** cat

·
Banned
173 Posts
Mos def...I definetly wish I had started earlier. I'm not in bad shape I guess Im 20 but a lot of factors were against me when I was younger (bullying, low self-esteem, no friends, no male influences period). I'm trying to be myself though..if you love yourself people will love you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah I feel bad for not doing anything when I was younger but what's the use beating myself up about it now? I still don't know how to hit on girls. I've only ever had success with the alligator method - I lay in wait until my prey approaches me and then I strike!
couldnt have said it better myself

·
Comfortably Numb
232 Posts
Flirting has never been my thing,ever time a girl makes eye contact with me,I always look away.I guess I'm scared of what's next?,what do I do?,what if she talks to me and I trip over my own tongue.

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
idk i kinda regret it the other way around. i always seem to get a long better with girls than guys lol. as far as friendiness goes anyway! some guys can be really talkative and nice though and i like them. but then there are the "manly men" non-talkative/unresponsive "have to play football" to get anywhere people. never got along with them haha xD. i'd much rather play music or go to the park or something than beat someone up on a field it's just like wow haha. and i get sooo criticized by other guys for being like that.. it's not cool lol. & they all think i should do something like join the army or something. i don't get it haha.

ok my rant is over =]

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
You guys are "putting the ***** on a pedestal." Just say that **** to yourself when you feel anxious around an attractive girl, it really works because it's true. ***** ain't worth it

it's true though guys sometimes put ***** on a pedestal way too often.

just like i put guys i really like and find beautiful on a pedestal cause i see them as being so superior to me.

when really, we are all pretty similar and yet unique and the opposite gender isn't on a completely different planet like some people joke about. just remind yourself that they aren't perfect, they have insecurities too, they don't think you are below them, they probably don't feel you have to talk to them a very specific way, etc.

if you try to think of them as being just another person who you want to get to know, instead of a guy or girl who is so perfect, hot, confident and superior to you, i think it takes off a bit of that stress. see them as being on an equal level to you.

i didn't socialize much with guys when i was younger but i am glad for it because the guys i knew in my school were.. pretty harsh on the other girls and they would either talk about how hot a girl was or how butt ugly she was. that was mostly in junior high. in high school i met some good guys who weren't like that.

for me, i can talk to and socialize with males. probably better than females. i just don't know how to show interest. :/

·
Registered
154,235 Posts

Mad Libs! :lol

Seriously....I am just sticking with conversation at the moment. :lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
Growing up, the amount of male and female friends were about equal. I don't have much trouble talking to someone I find attractive because their appearance doesn't intimidate me. I care more about how they act and what they say. It's disappointing when someone I find to be interesting doesn't seem to want to get to know me, but I figure it's their loss and I'll find someone more suitable for me :p I've never seen my love interests as flawless. They are just human beings after all (unless their skin sparkles in the sunlight - then they may be a Meyer-Vamp xD).

·
Registered
515 Posts
Yes, because I'm so nervous around any guy and never know how to act. I haven't a clue how to flirt, and any guy that smiles, looks or really talks to me, I just kinda shrug or ignore...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts