Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Do you regret getting a tattoo?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It must really suck to wake up every day with a freaking tattoo around your neck, face, and you have to look at it every day in the mirror. What's the point of getting a tattoo on your back if you will never see it? What's the point of even getting a tattoo in the first place? I saw a lady with a tattoo of a bar code the other day on her back, pretty stupid, then other idiots pick different tattoos, it's like they don't know what to get-- a star, a butterfly, names of bf and gfs, the worst is on the face, they are stuck looking like clowns, tattoo isn't art, I know art, I used to draw, the human body and face is art, tattoos are unnecessary, it's like drawing a moustache on the Mona Lisa painting, I know someone who is married to a lady who has a tattoo of her grandmother on her back, self portrait type tattoo, a big one, it must really suck to have sex with her and have to see her grandmother every time, damn

·
In the middle of nowhere
1,079 Posts
I think that some tattoos can be really meaningful that being said I think that one should make sure that they have really thought through what they are doing before hand and be 100% sure that they wont regret it. I understand having your children's names tattooed on your chest, I do not understand having a crazy angel looking chick going up you're back.

·
Moron
4,621 Posts
I don't have one. I did have my ear pierced when I was younger, but I started leaving it out when I played hockey due to it being nearly torn out during a fight.

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
I have a bunch and I don't regret any of them.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
I don't have any and don't plan on getting any.

·
the last song ♥
2,414 Posts
i loved my henna tattoo and do not regret it one bit

·
Awesome.
884 Posts
To each his own.

As for me, no regrets. If I ever get to a point where I start to regret any of my tattoos, that will be my cue to re-evaluate my priorities. At no point is a part of my body worth hating - and that's exactly what they are now: a part of my body.

·
Zodiac Sign: LEO!!!
11,237 Posts
if I got one....it would be somewhere hidden under clothes.....but I cannot say that I might eventually regret it or not.....it depended on what the tattoo meant to me at that time of getting it done ....and if it still meant to me that later on...

·
Registered
877 Posts
There was this one poster on this forum who got this giant tattoo on the front of his body. I forgot what it was, but it was a joke. Not that funny, but he seemed really excited about it. I wonder if he regrets it now though...

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
I have one on the back of my arm, down near my elbow. Got it about 5 years ago. No regrets. I like how it looks when I'm wearing a t-shirt. That's all for me though. Not getting any more.

I know art, I used to draw
That... is gold.

·
Optimism Prime~
7,122 Posts
I read an article on someone regretting a tattoo recently. A lass down in London who had a full sleave done in her early twenties. Fast forward a decade later in her thirties and she now regrets it.

"A few years ago I went to the Royal Free hospital to talk about removal. The doctor was unwilling. "You did a big, bold thing in getting it done," he said. "Now be big and bold in living with it."

It's an interesting read and kind of illustrates how much people's tastes can change in a relatively short space of time.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jun/10/sleeve-tattoos-hipster-habit-unartistic-art

·
uggla
10,065 Posts
I like being a blank canvas. I did the piercing thing when I was a teen, but I never got any tattoos(thankfully). It looks good on others, but I wouldn't want to be 50 with tattoos.

·
⚰️👻
3,534 Posts
I only have one at the moment on my lower, inner arm. It's fairly small and probably easy to miss. The majority of people seem to hate it, but others have genuinely complimented it. It makes me happy, though. I think the first day afterward I was like, "Oh sh*t, was this a mistake?", but got used to it shortly after. I'm thinking about getting another one. It would be a bit larger and more noticeable. I think I've always been really uncomfortable with standing out in any way, so that's what makes me hesitant and forces me to think about it for a while. But no regrets here.

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
In my country a lot of gang members get tattoos, MS 13 is the most dangerous gang, an international gang, it's made up of people from Central America (not mexico, that's their enemies) and it was started by Salvadorians and other countries from Central America joined

·
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic
28,958 Posts
I know someone who is married to a lady who has a tattoo of her grandmother on her back, self portrait type tattoo, a big one, it must really suck to have sex with her and have to see her grandmother every time, damn
Old thread, but why do you assume they're always going to be doing it doggy style...? :um

1 - 20 of 27 Posts