1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
I try

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yes, I think it is important so I do it. Our garbage collection service has made it easier by providing a separate container for recycable materials. We don't collect a lot of newspapers but we do recycle those also.

·
Poorly Educated
4,912 Posts
I do as much as possible. We recycle all of our cardboard at work since it greatly reduces the amount of garbage in the dumpster and cuts down on the cost of disposal. We have to pay a deposit on cans and bottles here so I always save and turn in my empty ones to get my money back.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Becky said:
I used to, but it got to be too much of a hassle.
I've cut down somewhat on my recycling effort. Unfortunately, it can be a hassle when your kitchen becomes what looks like a canning and bottling plant in one.

Also disconcerting is that my trash collection company has recently doubled their rates because they basically don't want to pick up recycled stuff, even though they are required by law to provide it.

I do recycle plastic bags, which are more manageable, and a few cans. :popcorn

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
I should, but I don't.

·
Super Beaver
8,033 Posts
Yep! We have a whole recycling center in the backyard with different garbage cans for paper, cans, bottles ect. With how much coke I drink we make quite a lot of money :lol

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
I recycle paper, plastic, metal and glass. We're supposed to dispose of "dangerous" items (such as pressurized cans, batteries, etc.) in a special depot on the outskirts of town (how convenient is that :fall), so I just stuff them in the general bag, and hope they don't explode!

·
Registered
111 Posts
My soda cans are recycled. Unfortuantely, there's no longer a weekly collection of newspapers, for the purpose of recycling, where I live.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nope, and I don't care to recycle, plus, since i am forgetful now i would probably forget to recycle, it's another thing I don't have to worry or think about!

Jessica

·
Banned
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's ok, I know alot of people don't recycle. I just don't think I could throw stuff away that could be recycled - I would feel guilty. It is a pain sometimes, but I feel good that I am doing something to help.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts