Registered
5,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes.

·
Après moi, le déluge
5,682 Posts
For a living and also for fun. :yes

Currently reading for fun: The Conscience of a Liberal: Reclaiming America from the Right by Paul Krugman

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)

·
Banned
791 Posts
Yes, I read books. Most recently finished "Sunshine" by Robin McKinley, and I'm starting on "Surely You Must Be Joking, Mr. Feynman!" by Richard Feynman.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Last time I read and completed a book was about 8 years ago. Just don't have the attention span.

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
Yeah, reading probably consumes more of my time than anything else. Although all I read, for the most part, is literature, literary history, literary criticism, etc. I'm not very well read at all when it comes to things like history, science, politics, current events, etc. The range of my reading is pretty narrow.

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
I love to read. I was reading one or two books a month for awhile. I mostly read horror books, but if something else catches my interest I'll read that as well. My reading has slowed down recently.

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
I used to read a lot more than I do these days. My time seems rather stretched often.

I am current reading a book that is an overview of world history. I also read various periodicals such as this one:

http://www.hcn.org/

·
Registered
718 Posts
Currently reading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. I know that will make a lot of people cringe :eek:
Hehe I've been thinking about reading that. I'd never heard of it until recently. Now all of a sudden I hear about the book everywhere, it got mentioned in a lecture and I saw it on a news gallery of young 'hot' liberals and two of the girls were posing with the book...

And I love reading but usually when I'm not stressed out about other things, I have a huge list of books I need to get through in due course. At the moment I have about 3 or 4 books sitting on the shelf that I bought but haven't got round to reading.

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Atlas Shrugged is a great book for about the first 700 pages, then its downhill from there. Rand just hits us over the head from that point on in case we didn't get it already. Its worth it and its important but if you want to read something with a similar idea that is good all the way through, try her other novel The Fountainhead.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I wish I read more... I used to read sooo much as a kid and teenager.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts