Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Stuck in a lift
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To be honest I've never been completely myself on here. This was worse when I joined but is less so now. I used to put on a bit of a character ... like I could be someone slightly different on here. This was partly because I wasn't happy with certain things about myself ... partly not ... does anyone else do this or have you done it before?

·
Out there...
5,124 Posts
Very often actually. In real life that is. In some cases, when I go have a night out I alter my personality significantly. Sometimes to the point where it is really stands out. I kinda have a hard time acting like I "should" be.

On here though, I'm not like that as much. Only to some extent. Maybe because I feel I can get stuff out here that's been in my head for the longest time.

·
Banned
8,009 Posts
Sometimes I hold backcomments to make sure no one is offended, I think when I first joined I tried to act kinder than I usually am online (Im not mean but Id argue lol) but now I don't since I think over time I've became less argumentative online lol.

·
Nowhere Man
2,415 Posts
Yes. There's the timid, anxiety ridden, loathing and tearful me but there's also the facetious, witty and sarcastic me. I wouldn't say either one is a character, but I flip between the two alot.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
To be honest I've never been completely myself on here. This was worse when I joined but is less so now. I used to put on a bit of a character ... like I could be someone slightly different on here. This was partly because I wasn't happy with certain things about myself ... partly not ... does anyone else do this or have you done it before?
well no one will judge u here, we all got the same problem, u know ?

so if you're not sincere, could it be that you're only lying to yourself ?

u can be 100% yourself here, even with the risk of being viewed as a total freak, outcast, alien, monstruosity, etc, yes, u can do that, and if u wanna meet ppl here in real life u can make another account and appear and act like u are relatively normal, considering u didn't already put a pic of yourself :b (no, i'm not sugesting for u to make multiple accounts, but it can sometimes help, like in this situation, when u don't like others knowing your weirdest deepest secrets)

i too can't be 100% honest, meaning i avoid sharing all my intimate stuff, not lying

·
Stuck in a lift
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not particularly worried about being seen as those things lol. It's mostly with the words I'd use or the way I'd type ... that sort of thing. Bit difficult to explain when you're not very good at explaining.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
To be honest I've never been completely myself on here.
For me its the opposite. This site is one of the only places where I actually get to be myself.

·
Stuck in a lift
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's like having control. Being careful what you put. Post #200 ... :boogie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts